Did I make a mistake picking the HTC One S over the Galaxy S3?

goksucats5611

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Signed up for a family plan with T-Mobile yesterday, and they were having a great deal with their Value Plans that whatever you pay for the any phone in the store you get back as a rebate. So I opted to pay the $50 for the HTC One S over the $150 for the Galaxy S3. Neither phone ultimately will cost me anything, I simply liked the more expensive feel of the HTC and the salesman told me the camera on the HTC was pretty superior. Also, the Galaxy S3 seemed pretty large for a cell phone, but now I am having second thoughts. I know I have 14 days to return it, and am thinking perhaps I should opt for the S3. This is my first smartphone, and I'm pretty clueless in this arena. Is there anything I'm missing that I should know about? Looking at T-Mobile's website they both appear to have dual core processors (though some S3's I think have quad). But the T-Mobile version I was looking at was dual core. It does appear the Samsung has a higher resolution screen up to a true 720 lines of resolution which is technically HD. But there are some complaints about Samsung's screen being too dim, and the HTC is lauded for it's bright screen. Also, knowing nothing about android, the HTC Sense integration gets far more positive marks than what Samsung uses. I just don't know, if anybody has any advice I'm all ears. Thanks.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're OK with the One S then keep it. Its a great phone, with excellent build quality, a great camera, and good screen (though not excellent). In other words, it's a great upper-midrange phone.

What do you get with the S3 then? A higher resolution screen. I would say better quality, but that's subjective. You might actually like the One S display better, but I might prefer the one on the S3. It's also likely to see more updates due to it being Samsung's flagship device. I wouldn't weigh too heavily on that, though, since it's not a guarantee. You also get a removable battery and SD card slot, if those things matter to you.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I have a One S and really love it. Build quality is outstanding, I rather like Sense, and I've had no issues or glitches with it. If you like the size and how it feels in your hand, and don't mind the pentile display, lack of swappable battery, and lack of expandable memory (SD card) I say stick with the One S.

On a different note, there are some great threads in the help and how to forum on getting started with Android.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your foray into the world of smartphones.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC