switch to iPhone...

lasty12

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
OK so for the past few years I have been completely anti-apple, however over the past few months I have had 2 HTC sensations and 2 HTC one x's. All of which have been faulty with various issues - all brand new handsets with ICS. I have almost given up on the android OS and seriously considering switching to Apple. Can anyone give me a good enough reason to stay..?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it sounds like you've just had bad luck.

If you want to see what Android is all about then get the Galaxy Nexus. It's completely stock and will get the software updates. Or, if you want the best non-HTC hardware, get the Galaxy S3 and give it a go.

lasty12

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Im typing this from my N7 which is awesome so I'm happy with Android as an OS. Just seems more than bad luck with 4 different devices!

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I think you've just had some bad luck. What provider are you with? I know with TMobile they have a lemon policy on there phones. I would try one of the newer Android's first. The galaxy s3 is getting a jelly bean update soon. I had blackberry and had nothing but bad luck with them. When I knew people with the same phone and had no problems at all. Hell one time I got a replacement that was broken right out of the box.

Sent from long long ago in a galaxy far far away!

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the customization of android. And since I'm comfortable with rooting and hacking the os I prefer an os that allows me the choice. Even if the iphone can be jail broken and unlocked, i can't escape the grid of icons look. I think I would get bored if I couldn't try a new fresh rom every once in a while. But again I have a gadget sickness :p but if you don't care about such things, like the previous person commented, iphone5 and iOS will give you a smooth user experience. And the tech in the iphone5 is very advanced. The a6 is very speedy and I tried the camera at the store, I think the next Nexus needs to strive for that kind of image quality. However the screen size increase is silly in my opinion. 176pixels... Really? Anyway best of luck to whatever you decide.

Fwiw I've been using the HTC Sensation for a while now and although there are things I want improved, so far I've been happy using it with CM X beta

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I would try the Gnex or the SGS3. Both of these phones have been getting great reviews. I have many friends with both. The camera on the Samsung rivals they iphone 5 and android just does more. I've played with the iphone 5 and although it runs fine and has good specs its still the same old os with even fewer features now that maps was dropped. The so called new features are really nothing to write home about. Gingerbread could still do more than ios6.

Stick with Android just get a new phone. Iphones have problems too.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan