Making the switch, help needed!

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, i recently purchased a N7. It's my first android device and I instantly fell in love. I've been using an iPhone for the past 3 years, 3gs for 2 years and 4s for a year. I've gotten really bored of ios and the 3.5" screen is just way too small. My main reason for sticking to apple until now is that my phone just WORKS for everything I use it for. For this reason, I'm having trouble finding a viable android replacement. I'm looking for a phone that can do all my daily iPhone tasks on a bigger screen and faster.
On an average day, i start using my phone at 8am and drain the battery to about 20% by 2pm. I do this by streaming music through cracked versions of Datpiff and Grooveshark. I need a phone that can do both of these, wether it be through these apps or different apps. Web browsing is also of high importance. I'm almost always browsing when im using my phone. I find my 4s browses relatively well, despite the lack of LTE. Besides streaming and browsing, i'd love to have HD youtube without needing to be on WiFi.
I want my future phone to do these tasks with NO lag or stuttering. A better battery would be a huge plus. The phone must also be relatively future-proof and easy to root.
Finally, I havent had a case on my 4s for a year, have dropped it several times with no cracks to the screen or back. In other words, reliability is also optimal.
I'm open to all recommendations!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
any modern android but depends on your budget, are you buying the unit outright?
Galaxy Nexus is a great option.
or the gs3/Htc One X and wait for it to get Jellybean for the smooth seamless iphone experience

...a case is a MUST if youre a phone dropper.. only apple will just replace a cracked screen.. a gs3 screen replacement costs a fortune, its the price you pay for a big yet light phone and because of its popularity, theres an amazing range of accessories that actualy add to the look of the phone :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Not crazy about the gs3, if I was buying the phone in July or august I would've gone with it but I'll probably just wait for the new nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not crazy about the gs3, if I was buying the phone in July or august I would've gone with it but I'll probably just wait for the new nexus.

id do same tbh ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
If the rumors are true I'll have a hard decision to make... don't have a good history with LG phones :(

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If you like how iPhone is updated i recommend to wait for next Nexus, other way around might have problem with that. Things like Web Browsing and YouTube are not dependend on phone but apps them selfs, keep in mind only phones with 720p screen can display use HD YouTube videos, anything lower uses 460p which does not look as good.

gwnsf

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how much your willing to spend but I'd recommend the new Nexus 4 since it's cheap and can do everything you have asked for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87