LG Finally Doing Android Right?

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
LG launches new Optimus brand featuring Android 2.2 smartphones and a tablet ? Boy Genius Report

LG is a huge mobile device manufacturer. That's why it's surprising they haven't done much in terms of high-end Android devices. This new Optimus line looks pretty snazzy to say the least. Though we only know they may come out I late 2010, it's pretty exciting seeing even more phones on the horizon this year.

So any thought or opinions?

Well, here's to hoping for an Optimus Prime!

EDIT: Oh, and they will launch with Froyo! (probably before HTC releases it! ;) )

ohthebaby

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i dunno about LG they dont seem to be doing anything , and i just dont any one saying oh man did u get that LG "whatever" yet, least not in the near future

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Optimus One looks cool but the Chic looks cheap, looks like the Dare.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i dunno about LG they dont seem to be doing anything , and i just dont any one saying oh man did u get that LG "whatever" yet, least not in the near future
The Ally is a pretty good low end Android phone. You don't hear about it because most people who have it probably aren't as geeky as the rest of us. I don't think they expected the Android craze to catch on and are playing catchup. Very few LG devices have been bad so im looking forward to this.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
LG is more in the Windows Phone 7 camp these days. Microsoft has listed them as a launch parter so I would expect LG is putting most of their effort there.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had LG phones for years before switching to the BB and NEVER had a problem with any of their phones. If they decide to jump into this market with quality smart phones on the Android Line, they can and will do it with style and quality. At least that is my opinion.

Come this fall when I do the switch from BB to the Android system, I will look closely at whatever they release. (Of course, I will look closely at what else is released by Motorola, Samsung and HTC.)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Other than the relatively slow processor and lack of RAM the Ally is actually a really nice phone. Hardware is solid, keyboard better than any other Android phone I have seen. I would expect their other Android offerings to be the same.