Evo Shift Root

Jkipod

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So i have started to look into rooting and on my evo shift i have got tired of 2.3 and want 4.1 if i root and up to 4.1 will i still be able to make calls on the sprint network or not i still have 1 year left on the contract.also i kinda like the htc sense it there a way to up to 4.1 and then get htc sense rom that will work with 4.1 or would it cancel it out then one last thing how easy is it to get evo shift up to 4.1 then would this work

here is the rom i was looking at

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
"will i still be able to make calls on the sprint network "

Answer is yes to that

And yes that is a working ROM and their are other working ROMs as well.

I suggest if you haven't to read all through the other alternative ROM threads as well. As for that ROM, I took a quick look at
it appears pretty good for most and some people had some issues with some things, but that's normal.

As you know there more ROM's there so I assume you checked those out as well to see whats working
and whats not working as well as normal issues.

Make sure you read, understand & follow the instructions to the letter.

Good luck & hope that helps

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
You'll probably get better answers if you post this in the Evo Shift rooting forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-shift-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/

But rooting and flashing another ROM doesn't affect your ability to make calls.

I'm not sure how easy it is to root the Evo Shift; that varies by device. Also, there will probably be lots of different ROMs you could flash, I'd expect that there'll be something that is Sense 4 based. It might be a little soon for a JB 4.1/Sense4+ ROM, but I'm sure it's coming. But again, ROM availability varies by device.

Before you take the plunge, make sure you do your research.