NFC on android and windows phone 8

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I was browsing through the forums and I came up on a post on imore about passbook on iPhone.
It got me to thinking....what if good guy Google and Microsoft actually sit down and allow for interoperability of NFC on both Android and Windows phone? i.e it becomes possible to transfer content from my HTC one X to a Lumia 920!!!
The more I think about it, the more I become convinced that this is what needs to be done.
It would go beyond mobile payments, and eventually become the world standard....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its a nice idea mate but so is telling Isreal to stop terrorising their neghbours :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's still NFC and it work the same, it should work at least with text, url and contact transfers since those are standarised and same format is used in tags, if it's not somebody doing something wrong (and i bet it's MS, as they are sometimes like Apple on standards sometiems even worse... specially on browsers). Im not sure about fil transfer but it should be standrised too, via NFC only BT pairing is done in this process, the rest depends on BT. But in any case of incompatibility it's actually possible to write app (at least in Android) which will able to deal with messages that are not supported by default, since any app can read any message (at least in Android) it's only matter of interpretation.

NFC just started to show up in wider market, it will take some time until more advance standards will be established.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I love NFC especially for mobile payments. Apple really missed the boat on this one. Its one of the main reasons I didn't cave and upgrade my current iPhone to an iPhone 5.

I've gotten too used to tapping and paying with my Android device. Its so convenient and safe. I can leave my wallet at home or not worry about my credit card number being stolen or compromised, like has happened in the past.

Passbook is a joke. Wake up Apple!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Near Field Communication it's few centimeter range radio communication which allows devices shere short messages (which can be used in many ways, sending contacts urls, info that allows to quickly establish Bluetooth connection etc.) by closing it to each other in few centimeter range, there also passive tags small nfc chip that can be attached to anything (like a ID Card or Sticker) that can transmit programed message once it's in range of NFC device.

You can seen PayPass paymant cards, right? that currently most popular NFC application, card card NFC tag have credit card number conded (mayeb some other data too). NFC on phone is a reader and writer for that cards (which is a tag i mentioned) as well as communicate between other NFC device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800