Android phones for end of 2010

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
At least you're paying for something that you are getting.

I mean, I'm not trying to troll, but... so what? Whatever they call the $10 charge, whatever they claim it's for, whatever it actually does or doesn't do... it's still cheaper to eat the ten bucks than to use Verizon.

Now, if the service is any better or there's some tangible difference, then there's something to talk about.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
While I'm looking forward to some of the spec jumps in the upcoming phones, I'm far more interested in when Verizon is going to start putting out LTE phones. I've seen November 14th as a "go live" date on a few websites. If that's the case, I'll manage with my rooted and overclocked Droid a little longer. The Droid X is really nice, and I've got a little soft spot for the Incredible as well, but I just can't see using my upgrade for either phone when the LTE stuff is right around the corner.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
While I'm looking forward to some of the spec jumps in the upcoming phones, I'm far more interested in when Verizon is going to start putting out LTE phones. I've seen November 14th as a "go live" date on a few websites. If that's the case, I'll manage with my rooted and overclocked Droid a little longer. The Droid X is really nice, and I've got a little soft spot for the Incredible as well, but I just can't see using my upgrade for either phone when the LTE stuff is right around the corner.

Every report/rumor I've read says no LTE phones till 2011. Just going to be LTE dongles for your laptop.

Last edited:

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Every report/rumor I've read says no LTE phones till 2011. Just going to be LTE dongles for your laptop.

If you're on an annual upgrade path now is a great time to get your next phone. I'm expecting an LTE smartphone I like late summer/fall of 2011. The current promised date is summer, but the chances that the date doesn't slip and that the first gen phones are something that interests me are remote.