Best Prepaid Wireless Service

CoolBeenz87

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My contract with at&t is ending soon and I have been heavily looking into going with a prepaid service. Does anybody have any suggestions? I've been looking at what Straight Talk has to offer and liking what I've seen. Does anybody have Straight Talk, if so do you like it? Any other suggestions would be nice but I'd prefer them to be GSM network providers. Thanks.:D

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

msmo81

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I heard simple mobile was good.... They use to tmo towers... Don't know where you are, but look into it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Straight Talk uses either AT&T or T-Mobile cell towers. You choose when you sign up. It depends on who's network gives you better coverage in your area.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Per StraightTalk's Terms and Conditions of Service:

6. STRAIGHT TALK UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT AND MOBILE WEB ACCESS PLAN INTENDED USE: Straight Talk Unlimited Talk, Text and Mobile Web Access Plans may ONLY be used with a Straight Talk handset for the following purposes: (i) Person to Person Voice Calls (ii) Text and Picture Messaging (iii) Internet browsing through the Straight Talk Mobile Web Service and (iv) Authorized Content Downloads from the Straight Talk Mobile Web Store. The Straight Talk Unlimited Plans MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (iv) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (v) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses may have his/her service terminated without notice or a refund.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ckname%3Dstraight.static.terms&token=HVnhFZ0s

jcsugrue

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from Verizon to T-mobile's monthly 4g w/ unlimited text & data and 100 minutes a month for $30. Best movie i've ever made. I use my Google voice #, and Groove IP for calls. I've had no issues with calls at all, with the except of the couple times that I forgot that I was on wi-fi and wandered outside. Other than that, I can't recommend it enough.

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Per StraightTalk's Terms and Conditions of Service:

6. Examples of prohibited uses include, (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games

Ouch. Really? I wonder if that was always there or if it has changed recently. That's a deal breaker for me since I use Pandora and Spotify occasionally. I've never been over 1gb on at&t. I'm curious if I stay around 1gb on ST if they would enforce this.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking they're just leaving themselves an out. They say "unlimited" so that couldn't cancel your service if you run 15GB a month for that. But with the streaming clause, they can say the reason is that you were streaming music and thus violating the TOS. Andrew, see his posts in the thread, has never had a problem. They're just leaving themselves an out.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's always going to be determined by traffic in your particular area. If there's very little traffic I doubt they'll care what you do.

Just stay under the generally accepted 2gb number and you'll be fine.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. Really? I wonder if that was always there or if it has changed recently. That's a deal breaker for me since I use Pandora and Spotify occasionally. I've never been over 1gb on at&t. I'm curious if I stay around 1gb on ST if they would enforce this.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

It's always been there, but application is spotty. Basically, if you don't use a couple MB a day and stay under 2 or 3GB per month they don't bother you.