1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Default lg nexus 4 alternative?

are there any good alternatives to the LG nexus? The camera isn't getting much credit and I just watched a video with the autofocus issue of the lg optimus g so this issue is most likely to also be in the lg nexus

I was looking at the htc one x+ however that doesn't come with 4g in the UK so it's out of the question

I don't want to go for the s3 & the note 2 is too big - max screen size for me is 4.8"

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: lg nexus 4 alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by cinek View Post
    are there any good alternatives to the LG nexus? The camera isn't getting much credit and I just watched a video with the autofocus issue of the lg optimus g so this issue is most likely to also be in the lg nexus

I was looking at the htc one x+ however that doesn't come with 4g in the UK so it's out of the question

I don't want to go for the s3 & the note 2 is too big - max screen size for me is 4.8"
    From the pictures I saw from the 8mp and 13mp opt g , they were good. Its all on the user .
    Privacy is overrated :P

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I would wait until the Google Nexus announcement is over. You never know, there may be more than one Nexus.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    From the pictures I saw from the 8mp and 13mp opt g , they were good. Its all on the user .
    this is the video where the autofocus problem is mentioned on the optimus g

The phone has't bee released yet and the Nexus version should have Google running the software. Nexus devices (at least none i've used) have had a focus problem
    LG Optimus V - CM 9.1 BobZ

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

I just moved to the end. But which of the 3phones did he use for the camera? The software on the att and sprint are a little different. Like anything its all depending on the user. Not everyone will experience it. Just like battery life , bugs, and what not.
    Privacy is overrated :P
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I can't remember which phone he tested it on but he did say that all previous LG cameras had/have this issue
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,921 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The Nexus won't use any of the same software that the Optimus G uses for processing images. You can't use anything you see on the G as a basis for the Nexus, except for design.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bdfull3r View Post
    The phone has't bee released yet and the Nexus version should have Google running the software. Nexus devices (at least none i've used) have had a focus problem
    Actully camera is controled by Android APIs, each phone simply has diffrent front ends of it
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,921 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Actully camera is controled by Android APIs, each phone simply has diffrent front ends of it
    That's not true. There are licensed algorithms (mostly Sony and Kodak from my understanding) that aren't present in the Nexus devices that make a difference.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

None of the Nexus phones have ever had a good camera because they don't use those proprietary image processing software If you want a good camera the HTC One X or S or the Samsung Galsxy S3 or Note 2 are your best options. If you don't like those, I've read that Sony puts some really good cameras in their phones, but I don't have any 1st hand experience with them.
    Thanked by:
    cinek 

Even though it's a year old, and the camera is only 5MP, the Galaxy Nexus seems to hold up pretty well. I'd say it's the only viable alternative to a Nexus 4, if you're interested in the Nexus brand.
    Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52), Nexus 7 (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52)
    Retired: HTC Eris, Dinc, Thunderbolt, Moto Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Samsung Charge, Epic 4G

HTC one x + is the closed you will get. Has a nicely customised jelly bean UI and 1.7 quad core. But its not nexus and you will have to wait longer for updates. I'm waiting for the nexus to come back in to stock on the play store but starting to lose patients, I'll give it another week and then will coincided the HTC one.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsugrue View Post
    Even though it's a year old, and the camera is only 5MP, the Galaxy Nexus seems to hold up pretty well. I'd say it's the only viable alternative to a Nexus 4, if you're interested in the Nexus brand.
    The Nexus 4 camera is better than the Galaxy Nexus camera.