Are my benchmarks and specs rubbish now?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the galaxy s3, quad core variant, I'm abit concerned that my phone is becoming dated, mainly because of GLBenchmark. My fps I get around 15fps on 1080p Egypt Hd and I'm running jelly bean. The problem is when you look at the iPhone 5 it gets 20+ fps, does that mean the Mali 400mp is rubbish now? Will games eventually lag on my phone?

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Benchmarks are only to show how the phone should perform the s3 is still a powerful device but it all depends on how you use it but I wouldnt worry its not.about the specs as much anymore its all about software and since the s3 is a flagship device you should get more updates in the future

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay thank you, does anyone know how I can record slow motion videos on my galaxy s3? I really need to know by Friday night as I'm making a sketch with my mate's and I'll need to record in slow motion, I want to record without rooting/flashing

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
If its running jellybean Samsung should have included that in the update but I'm not sure

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

jcsugrue

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the galaxy s3, quad core variant, I'm abit concerned that my phone is becoming dated, mainly because of GLBenchmark. My fps I get around 15fps on 1080p Egypt Hd and I'm running jelly bean. The problem is when you look at the iPhone 5 it gets 20+ fps, does that mean the Mali 400mp is rubbish now? Will games eventually lag on my phone?

How is your user experience right now? It's easy to tweak your phone to get higher FPS and better benchmark scores, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll have better performance in real world applications. I've definitely overclocked phones and tablets and crushed benchmarks, but have in turn degraded performance in games. I wouldn't pay much mind to your scores, just worry about how your performance is. Obviously, your phone isn't going to keep up forever, but you should have quite a while before apps demand more than that phone is capable of.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay thank you, what about the new architecture the cortex a15 dual core, will this out perform the quad a9 or be on par with it? Like the dual core s4. Also is the Mali T604 a lot more powerful than the Mali 400mp? Will you notice the difference in real world gaming?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's a cell phone... Not a portable game system. Just go with what you have and don't worry about it until it's time to upgrade.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech