Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: What screen size is best in a high end device?

Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    I didn't say that this logic is absolute. Its just a feeling. The iphone for example, just feels like high quality hardware. And i cant help but take from that that size was a factor in giving it that feeling. Maybe it has to do with the way size becomes part of the design that strikes thw balance. Bigger and bigger to me is like a hollow gimmick to make u believe you get more when you actually get less when it comes to advancements in the hardware itself.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    Well feelings are subjective. Also, I'm pretty sure Samsung would still make their phones out of plastic if they were making big phones. That's just their style and it holds up well. Don't you use an otterbox anyway? I don't see how you can even feel the plastic through that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I didn't say that this logic is absolute. Its just a feeling. The iphone for example, just feels like high quality hardware. And i cant help but take from that that size was a factor in giving it that feeling. Maybe it has to do with the way size becomes part of the design that strikes the balance. In the iphones case, size clearly doesn't mean cheaper.

Bigger and bigger to me is like a hollow gimmick to make u believe you get more when you actually get less when it comes to advancements in the hardware itself. But as i said before, that's my view, and up until maybe 2009/10, that was just about where we all were when it came to our interests. Media and gaming really were the only real changes that disrupted this pattern. And as i always believed, media is secondary ro good communications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What screen size is best in a high end device?-uploadfromtaptalk1352574813486.jpg  

It doesn't hold up well. Have you read long term reviews on the GS3??? The quality is just not there. And yes, i use an otterbox or seidio case, but that would just make the phone ridiculously larger than it already is. Apple struck a perfect balance, the problem is that i like the Android ecosystem better. And i think there are plenty of people like me who wish there was a 4in high end device. It would sell, imho of course.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

It would sell yes but would it sell the 3million in 30 days like note 2 or the 20mill of the gs3 in like 3 months

And i am in no way saying they should stop making your much cherished gs3s or galaxy notes. But to truly believe that my desire is rare is a serious lack of logic and common sense.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    It would sell yes but would it sell the 3million in 30 days like note 2 or the 20mill of the gs3 in like 3 months

We both don't know the answer to that. Its the same way they didn't know if a 4.3in screen would sell when they first introduced it in 2010....the evo on sprint.

All we can really say is that the desire is indeed there! Apple enjoys huge revenues because or a 3.5 and 4in device. That's got to at least mean something.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

All we can really say is that the desire is indeed there! Apple enjoys huge revenues because or a 3.5 and 4in device. That's got to at least mean something.

Not really as again how many buy it specifically because of size and not ecosystem or ego or early investment or any other reason

I think that 4.3 is the best screen size out there, personally. Once it pushes closer to 5 it's just not easy to fly in and out of a pocket. I've always been a fan of smaller phones for this reason.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

And i am in no way saying they should stop making your much cherished gs3s or galaxy notes. But to truly believe that my desire is rare is a serious lack of logic and common sense.

I talk to people who are buying phones all day, I also talk to manufacturer reps and carrier reps regularly. From my experience that you are in the minority. That's not just my random opinion, its feedback from all parties involved.
    Thanked by:

Size isn't the only reason they've been successful. that's been pointed out several times in the other thread. iOS users haven't had a choice period, and many of them have been quite vocal about wanting larger sized screens, from younger people for gaming/media/web browsing to older people who want easier to see/type on.

Android users DO have a choice, and they overwhelmingly pick larger devices. You can argue that they don't have a top spec small choice, but the reality is, the majority of the consumer market doesn't care that much about their phone's specs. The community here is a very very small subset, and the ones who want that top spec device in small size is small even here.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBeenz87 View Post
    1(4.0") is perfect for one handed use but I'm using an HTC Inspire 4G so I'm used to a 2(4.3"). I wouldn't go any larger.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums
    U must have small hands lol I use my SGS III wit one hand no prob

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    This cheap plastic has held up well I even threw my skyrocket full force one day completely angry in a fight no cracks no breaks nothing totally fine

That's why you get so excited sometimes. Lol. You're like me. Let's call it excited not angry. Cool story.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ybcthanerd View Post
    U must have small hands lol I use my SGS III wit one hand no prob

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    The one hand argument comes up a lot. My SGS2 is not huge by today's standards but it is still much bigger than any iphone. I use mine in one hand sometimes but have realized that I have set up all my quick access style apps so they are in just the right place on my screen. I keep them on the bottom usually with different categories for each screen. This pretty much allows you to use any larger phone one handed quite easily.

Android Evangelist
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Mine looks like this

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What screen size is best in a high end device?-uploadfromtaptalk1352582302333.jpg   What screen size is best in a high end device?-uploadfromtaptalk1352582318265.jpg  
    Android Evangelist
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Less icons just works.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What screen size is best in a high end device?-uploadfromtaptalk1352582537927.jpg  
    Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Clean

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What screen size is best in a high end device?-uploadfromtaptalk1352582927686.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

App drawer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What screen size is best in a high end device?-uploadfromtaptalk1352583323809.jpg  

Global Posts
    6,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I keep mine relatively clean as well. Apps that I use most stacked on my dock.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Most of the time I use mine one handed. To the OP, there is no "best" size, it depends on the person really.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What screen size is best in a high end device?-uploadfromtaptalk1352583542559.jpg  
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I keep mine relatively clean as well. Apps that I use most stacked on my dock.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Most of the time I use mine one handed. To the OP, there is no "best" size, it depends on the person really.
    Are you using a launcher for your apps that you scroll through on the bottom? I should try that again.

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    Size isn't the only reason they've been successful.
    "isn't the only" is the key phrase, thank you. Your words!

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Every time I think I can't deal with a bigger screen I'm wrong. I said that with the original EVO, and I said that with the One X. So I'd say the One X is the biggest I'd be comfortable with, but then I'd end up being wrong when I hold a phone with a 5" screen. :-P
    +1 only I took a different phone path. I am pretty sure I will max out at 5 but if the note has too many 'wow' features, I can adapt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

"isn't the only" is the key phrase, thank you. Your words!

Not sure what you're trying to say. At no point have I (or anyone else) ever said that nobody cares about size at all. Rather, that small high performance phones aren't in demand by many. In fact, In the same post, I said "and the ones who want that top spec device in small size is small even here." Which clearly shows that SOME people do find that to be important.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    +1 only I took a different phone path. I am pretty sure I will max out at 5 but if the note has too many 'wow' features, I can adapt

It does. Lol

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    It does. Lol

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
    Stop it! I am finally happy with my phone.... It like being married to the woman of your dreams, but fighting the urge to date the supermodel that is hitting on you....

badbrad17 likes this.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast