What screen size is best in a high end device?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If they made a top of the line 4 inch device, I definitely would. But it would have to have a removable battery and expandable memory...

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.

2 very important things in a smartphone.

I really don't see why any phone maker would omit that

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I would disagree with the removable as long as they put in a robust battery. As there is always a hard reset option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!

Because most non-techie users don't care about either of those, as long as the storage is big enough to prevent the phone acting up, and the battery has a decent life.

Edited because I forgot to answer the question. I'd go with 3, as I really like the size of my GNex @ 4.65"

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I would disagree with the removable as long as they put in a robust battery. As there is always a hard reset option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I'd have to see a phone with a battery good enough to not worry about switching

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Stay on topic please. We don't need yet another debate on the merits of removable media and batteries.

I would consider a 4-4.3" high-end device if it did what I wanted and needed it to do. HTC already makes it, actually, and it's called the 8X. They just need to make an android version. :)

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
There has been much debate about Androids lack of a top tier device in a smaller 4inch device.

There are some factors that could change the final size ie: bezel size etc. but lets use the bezel of current phones as a general guide.

What size would be perfect for you if the phone had the best specs available?

1. Less than 4in
2. 4-4.3in
3. 4.5-4.8
4. 4.8-5
5. 5-5.5
6. Larger than 5.5

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

I think the galaxy S3 is the perfect size. The HTC desire was too small and I think the note and note 2 r just ridiculously huge. Like cartoon big.......

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the galaxy S3 is the perfect size. The HTC desire was too small and I think the note and note 2 r just ridiculously huge. Like cartoon big.......

Agreed!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ya if we could stay on topic I would appreciate it. I would like to get an idea of everyone's opinion on this. Spread the thread around as I think this is a hot topic and we could get an idea of how many people are having to buy larger phones when they really want smaller ones.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya if we could stay on topic I would appreciate it. I would like to get an idea of everyone's opinion on this. Spread the thread around as I think this is a hot topic and we could get an idea of how many people are having to buy larger phones when they really want smaller ones.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

We r staying on topic.......

NickFromHouston

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
For me, anywhere between 4" and 5" is fine. Ideally, more in the 4.5" - 5" range, and optimally in the 4.8" - 5" range if the bezel is thin enough. So my official answer is "4" in the poll above. From what I've seen the Nexus 4 and Galaxy S3 are the closest to the ideal phone for me in terms of screen size, resolution, pixel density and graphics performance. The phones themselves are as big as I can personally tolerate holding or using, so the 4.7-4.8 screens are more than fine for me. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
For me, anywhere between 4" and 5" is fine. Ideally, more in the 4.5" - 5" range, and optimally in the 4.8" - 5" range if the bezel is thin enough. So my official answer is "4" in the poll above. From what I've seen the Nexus 4 and Galaxy S3 are the closest to the ideal phone for me in terms of screen size, resolution, pixel density and graphics performance. The phones themselves are as big as I can personally tolerate holding or using, so the 4.7-4.8 screens are more than fine for me. :)

So what you mean is you are a #3?

Dougie_fresh

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
2. I am so happy that others are interested in this topic! I am extremely disheartened by the trend of giant phones. A phone should be able to fit in my pants pocket. I don't want to worry about what pants I am wearing. I am just so dissappointed. It's honestly pushing me towards apple (if they didn't bork their maps) or even windows phone (see HTC's Windows Phone 8x). Perfect phone for me? 4.3 inches. Quad core s4 chip. LTE. Removable battery. I guess i'll have to dream for a while longer...

Partly explaining my preference, I already have a 10" tablet and a 7" e-reader. I can totally see the appeal of a 5" phone, but it's absolutely not for me.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
#2 or maybe #3. I've had the OG Droid, the HTC Thunderbolt, the Galaxy Nexus, and now the Galaxy S3. I thought the Thunderbolt was as big as I could get, but I managed with the GN. Now with the S3, I feel it's way to difficult to use one-handed. I would just like to have something a little easier to operate. Not sure of the exact size that would work for me now, maybe 4.2", or 4.5".

I just hope they start making smaller phones high end, too.

Sent from my SCH-I535

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Before I got my s3 I would have said #1 but I don't think I can do ever go back... My vote is for #3. I still think 5 or more is just too big.

And yes I know, I know... That's what she said :p (had to)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Before I got my s3 I would have said #1 but I don't think I can do ever go back... My vote is for #3. I still think 5 or more is just too big.

And yes I know, I know... That's what she said :p (had to)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

She's going to have a hard time if 5 is too big.

Anyway, have to say that around 4.4 in is perfect. 5 is too much, and 4 is too little.

via Tapatalk

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
2. I am so happy that others are interested in this topic! I am extremely disheartened by the trend of giant phones. A phone should be able to fit in my pants pocket. I don't want to worry about what pants I am wearing. I am just so dissappointed. It's honestly pushing me towards apple (if they didn't bork their maps) or even windows phone (see HTC's Windows Phone 8x). Perfect phone for me? 4.3 inches. Quad core s4 chip. LTE. Removable battery. I guess i'll have to dream for a while longer...

Partly explaining my preference, I already have a 10" tablet and a 7" e-reader. I can totally see the appeal of a 5" phone, but it's absolutely not for me.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a smaller phone, i think the galaxy s III is the perfect size, but my wife says too big, but she has little hands.

But umm...

You must wear some very tight pants if a galaxy s III doesn't fit in them!

Try wearing men's pants!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech