What screen size is best in a high end device?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There has been much debate about Androids lack of a top tier device in a smaller 4inch device.

There are some factors that could change the final size ie: bezel size etc. but lets use the bezel of current phones as a general guide.

What size would be perfect for you if the phone had the best specs available?

1. Less than 4in
2. 4-4.3in
3. 4.5-4.8
4. 4.8-5
5. 5-5.5
6. Larger than 5.5

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

RavinX

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Definitely 2 for me. I'm currently using an Optimus V and the 3.2 inch screen is a bit too small for me. I was thinking about getting a Galaxy Nexus, but then I tried a demo model at Radioshack and the screen was way too big for me to be comfortable or practical.

CoolBeenz87

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
1(4.0") is perfect for one handed use but I'm using an HTC Inspire 4G so I'm used to a 2(4.3"). I wouldn't go any larger.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Every time I think I can't deal with a bigger screen I'm wrong. I said that with the original EVO, and I said that with the One X. So I'd say the One X is the biggest I'd be comfortable with, but then I'd end up being wrong when I hold a phone with a 5" screen. :p

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
2 or 3 for me. I think the Droid X hit the perfect size a few years ago. I was playing around with the new Razrs the other day and I would think they are as large as I could go with a phone. I just wish the manufacturers would make high-end versions in the smaller sizes so we at least had an option.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Every time I think I can't deal with a bigger screen I'm wrong. I said that with the original EVO, and I said that with the One X. So I'd say the One X is the biggest I'd be comfortable with, but then I'd end up being wrong when I hold a phone with a 5" screen. :p

I only have the SGS2 so I haven't gone to the dark side yet. But this size does seem like it could be a perfect size for the masses.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
2 or 3 for me. I think the Droid X hit the perfect size a few years ago. I was playing around with the new Razrs the other day and I would think they are as large as I could go with a phone. I just wish the manufacturers would make high-end versions in the smaller sizes so we at least had an option.

This is what I was waiting to hear. Would you buy a high end 4in device?

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Would you buy a high end 4in device?

If they made a top of the line 4 inch device, I definitely would. But it would have to have a removable battery and expandable memory...

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.