Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Patents are all about specifics, so may I point out that the patent in question mentions specifically " mobile phones ", nowhere does it make use of the term " smart phone "...:p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Patents are all about specifics, so may I point out that the patent in question mentions specifically " mobile phones ", nowhere does it make use of the term " smart phone "...:p

Smartphones are mobile phones. Just saying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

anjali_jain

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Multiple users is a concept that's been around since mainframes. Nokia can patent a 'Method' to accomplish that on a phone but they really shouldn't be able to patent the idea of multiple users as the idea has been around since the dawn of the computer era.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Multiple users is a concept that's been around since mainframes. Nokia can patent a 'Method' to accomplish that on a phone but they really shouldn't be able to patent the idea of multiple users as the idea has been around since the dawn of the computer era.

Tell that to apple and all their patents...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
There's a specific difference between what should be called a mobile phone and what should be called a smart phone.

Smart phones have touchscreens, can readily access the internet, and can run full fledged applications. Whereas a mobile phone has all of the features of the original razr - the above mentioned smartphone only traits.

Is that specific enough for you?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There's a specific difference between what should be called a mobile phone and what should be called a smart phone.

Smart phones have touchscreens, can readily access the internet, and can run full fledged applications. Whereas a mobile phone has all of the features of the original razr - the above mentioned smartphone only traits.

Thats just marketing crap :p Same as HD is marketing crap to adrvitise higher resolution, same as HDMI-CEC is being renamed in 1000 possible ways (Bravia Link, AnyLink+ and crap like that), same as internet is suddenly being called cloud, as it not different for all internet services runned all those times. It's essentially still a mobile phone, just with touch screen and don't know what you mean by "full fledged applications" they still being limited by device size and processing power as they been with J2ME which at core it's not much diffrent from Android platfrom.

So if oyu call it mobile phone is still correct name

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm nice rebuttal shadowriver I bet you're good in a debate :p

it's just my nerdiness ^^' whatever you call it smarphone or mobile phone is correct, there iPod touch and Android have such devices too that they can do essentily same thing as there "smartphone" brothers, they could be called PDA but you could call it smartphone a PDA too :p

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I see the opposition to the idea.
My tablets totally need multiple user profiles.
My phone, however, is only used by me. Anyone else who uses it needs to either do something quick and non-user specific or needs to see my info.

Who here needs multiple profiles on their phone?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Because they're no such thing as a smart phone without a touch screen?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I see the opposition to the idea.
My tablets totally need multiple user profiles.
My phone, however, is only used by me. Anyone else who uses it needs to either do something quick and non-user specific or needs to see my info.

Who here needs multiple profiles on their phone?

Exactly. I don't want multiple users on my phone, but I desperately want it on my tablet.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX