Is NEXUS going to be the new name for Googles hardware company?

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Should be. As we've seen on the Nexus 4, they removed the Google brand an left on the Nexus logo there, nice and big. It would be cool if they changed the name of Motorola to Nexus. That'll be great, because that name sounds nice and it sounds like a brand that's about new and exciting technology. If they're not considering it, they should. What do you all think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Should be. As we've seen on the Nexus 4, they removed the Google brand an left on the Nexus logo there, nice and big. It would be cool if they changed the name of Motorola to Nexus. That'll be great, because that name sounds nice and it sounds like a brand that's about new and exciting technology. If they're not considering it, they should. What do you all think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

It sure looks that way. Although Android Devices are produced, in part, by Google.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you watch that Verge video about the Nexus 4/10 first look, they talk about finding the best hardware to showcase new versions of Android. I think Google will always use the OEM that has the latest and greatest specs/innovation over preference for Motorola.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If they would plan to do they they would not add manufacture logo on it, they seems havily dependent on them with Nexus production

If you watch that Verge video about the Nexus 4/10 first look, they talk about finding the best hardware to showcase new versions of Android. I think Google will always use the OEM that has the latest and greatest specs/innovation over preference for Motorola.

I still belive Motorola will be master plan for.... Google TV domination ;]

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If they would plan to do they they would not add manufacture logo on it, they seems havily dependent on them with Nexus production

I still belive Motorola will be master plan for.... Google TV domination ;]

As far as I know, there are no stipulations put on that, just cell phones

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2