Verizon LG Spectrum 2 vs Moto Razr M

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Which of the phones would be the best? im personally liking the LG because of the replacable battery, the huge true hd screen, and the 16 gb of storage.. Would there be any advantadges of getting the Motorola since they are identical in specs other than the things listed above? Would the Moto or the LG run smoother? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i am new after all...

rapidfire60

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Please do. I'm most concerned with whether or not it has a notification LED. That's going to determine whether I get this or the Razr HD. I'd really like to get the Spectrum 2 because of the IPS screen.

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It does have a notification LED around the power/lock button. The phone is extremely smooth and quick. There only seems to be one bug with the wallpaper of me and my girl getting kicked off.. This Phone is HUGE though. Anyone have any reccomendations to fix the wallaper issue??

Edit: I feel like an idiot... the reason my wallpaper was getting kicked off is because this phone has chaging wallpapers.. that was kind of annoying til i realized what it was lol...

Last edited:

rapidfire60

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
The power/lock button is at the top? Does is light up pretty well? I mean, is it pretty bright and customizable for different colors for different things like Gmail, Texts, missed calls, etc?

Thanks a lot for your help.

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is and yes it is pretty bright and its a ring around the power/lock button... As far as i have found there is no way to change the LED color.. and the app i just tried to test the LED with locked up when i tried. (could just be that no apps have support for the phone yet..) But its just a plain blue color for everything as far as i can tell..

Last edited:

rapidfire60

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
If it's any consolation, one of the reviews on Verizon said it was fully customizable. The app that usually works for that kind of thing is called Light Flow. Please keep me updated with anything you find out, or any updates about the phone in general. I have a month until my upgrade (12/14) but this is the phone I'm eyeing.

Thanks for your assistance.

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Also the camera is pretty bad compared to my previous samsung Droids i have had.. the color seems very pale in the photos. Fortunatley i dont really care about pics haha

rapidfire60

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of disappointing. Customer support at LG said "It is not customized with different colors however you can always search for a 3rd party application in the playstore."

I'm trying to get confirmation that it is, in fact, capable of doing more colors than the blue. I know Light Flow doesn't really work with many LG phones except for the Ally. There's an app on XDA specifically for LED's on LG phones, but it requires root access. I'm sure no one has figured out how to root the Spectrum 2 just yet.

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
sent the light flow developer an email and said he didnt see anything in the hardware the app sent him about multi colored LEDs. It really is a great phone though. Minus the camera it blows my old S2 out of the water

rapidfire60

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I got a follow up from LG yesterday and it says it's only capable of blue :(

I guess it's better than no light at all. I'll still probably get it unless the DNA blows me out of the water. I can't see spending $199 for the Razr HD and it's pentile display and notification LED instead of $69 for the Spectrum and the True HD IPS.

Keep me updated with anything else. I'm really attracted to this phone.

Thanks.

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep you updated as much as possible. I'm just waiting for a root so I can delete some dam bloatware rather than just disabling it lol

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe I should also add that the radio on this phone is fantastic. Get great wifi and cell tower reception.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Dont have 4g in my small town so i cant say anything about that.. BUT! The battery life is more the enough to get me through the day. That is if i dont play to much Angry Birds: Star Wars now though hahah

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney