Is Dual Core Enough?

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is a dual core processor in a phone enough in the long run? Phones are coming out with quad cores now... Which is amazing and great but say in the GSIII would that phone and its accompanied processor last with the development of new apps and updated OS versions?

tdgamblin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
its mostly just made for people to brag imho... phones run extremely well on the 1.5ghz Dual cores.. hell, even my Galaxy S 2 was smooth as butter and it was just a 1.2 ghz Dual core.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the dual-core...

The snapdragon S4 and Samsung Exynos 5 are plenty fast for what we do on phones, and they are both dual core.

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
OK if dual core is enough for the future, what about storage?

Is it worth buying a 32 GB storage vs 16 GB, In over two years of ownership my SD card has less the 1GB on it. That being said these new phones offer lots of new services, but cloud storage is now available, but are there reasons I do not know about which would lead me to get the 32 GB version?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK if dual core is enough for the future, what about storage?

Is it worth buying a 32 GB storage vs 16 GB, In over two years of ownership my SD card has less the 1GB on it. That being said these new phones offer lots of new services, but cloud storage is now available, but are there reasons I do not know about which would lead me to get the 32 GB version?

Maybe (MAYBE) apps. If you're a very heavy gamer you could take up a lot of storage with some of the newer games. Or if you take a lot of HD movies without the ability to offload them to a computer or something else.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe (MAYBE) apps. If you're a very heavy gamer you could take up a lot of storage with some of the newer games. Or if you take a lot of HD movies without the ability to offload them to a computer or something else.

Exactly this. Also a lot of my storage goes towards music as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49