Utilizing Cloud Storage?

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
How can you/are you utilizing the abilities of cloud storage? It's something, imo, that's being taken lightly. Or maybe that's just me lol.

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
- I have Google Play Music synced with iTunes on my MacBook Pro and have my entire library (nearly 5,000 songs) on the cloud and can listen to it all via wifi with my S3 at work (for example) or from any other device I choose, soon will do it from my Nexus tablet as well when I get it. The streaming works great and you can choose to stream the music in high quality.

- I use Google Drive for online storage of files, backup of important files and for making and sharing folders for clients so that they can upload project related files there.

- Picasa and Google+ instant upload for the pictures I take with my S3 and other images I have on my MacBook Pro.

- As for the rest all my email, contacts, calendars, rss feeds as well as browser history, data and bookmarks are tied to my Google account so I can access them on any device I am able to log in with it.

I personally find it quite liberating to be able to access all this from any device with an internet connection and a browser. Moving everything to the cloud is definitely the future in computing and I couldn't be happier to have done so.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
How well does the streaming work? How is the quality? Jw. I'm guessing some of that is factored by signal quality...

I'm not sure that Google Music does any sort of downsizing of the file based on network speed. So if you have high-quality rips then it'll probably just take longer to load if you're on a slower connection. I'm generally always on HSPA+, LTE, or WIFI, so that isn't an issue for me.

As for how it works, Google Music will pre-cache the song, meaning that when it has enough downloaded to start playing it will, and then will continue to download the song, and the next track so that it has a large cache in case you lose connection for a short period of time.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
How well does the streaming work? How is the quality? Jw. I'm guessing some of that is factored by signal quality...

Probably wouldn't sound good on a concert hall system, but considering you're running the sound through your phone and whatever earbuds, the sound is great

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably wouldn't sound good on a concert hall system, but considering you're running the sound through your phone and whatever earbuds, the sound is great

The quality would be the same in either case. It is only as good as the original file. It is digital so you won't get any noise or static like analog radios. It either plays if enough has downloaded or it won't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon