1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Utilizing Cloud Storage?

How can you/are you utilizing the abilities of cloud storage? It's something, imo, that's being taken lightly. Or maybe that's just me lol.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Utilizing Cloud Storage?

Mostly for picture backups. A little bit of music streaming from Google Music.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How well does the streaming work? How is the quality? Jw. I'm guessing some of that is factored by signal quality...

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

- I have Google Play Music synced with iTunes on my MacBook Pro and have my entire library (nearly 5,000 songs) on the cloud and can listen to it all via wifi with my S3 at work (for example) or from any other device I choose, soon will do it from my Nexus tablet as well when I get it. The streaming works great and you can choose to stream the music in high quality.

- I use Google Drive for online storage of files, backup of important files and for making and sharing folders for clients so that they can upload project related files there.

- Picasa and Google+ instant upload for the pictures I take with my S3 and other images I have on my MacBook Pro.

- As for the rest all my email, contacts, calendars, rss feeds as well as browser history, data and bookmarks are tied to my Google account so I can access them on any device I am able to log in with it.

I personally find it quite liberating to be able to access all this from any device with an internet connection and a browser. Moving everything to the cloud is definitely the future in computing and I couldn't be happier to have done so.
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoK_C89 View Post
    How well does the streaming work? How is the quality? Jw. I'm guessing some of that is factored by signal quality...
    I'm not sure that Google Music does any sort of downsizing of the file based on network speed. So if you have high-quality rips then it'll probably just take longer to load if you're on a slower connection. I'm generally always on HSPA+, LTE, or WIFI, so that isn't an issue for me.

As for how it works, Google Music will pre-cache the song, meaning that when it has enough downloaded to start playing it will, and then will continue to download the song, and the next track so that it has a large cache in case you lose connection for a short period of time.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoK_C89 View Post
    Probably wouldn't sound good on a concert hall system, but considering you're running the sound through your phone and whatever earbuds, the sound is great

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Probably wouldn't sound good on a concert hall system, but considering you're running the sound through your phone and whatever earbuds, the sound is great
    The quality would be the same in either case. It is only as good as the original file. It is digital so you won't get any noise or static like analog radios. It either plays if enough has downloaded or it won't.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Cloud Storage, well it is not only confined to backup your photos. The concept of cloud storage is very broad. Not only personal or home users are using this service but businesses of small and large size are also cashing with the advancement of the technology. I personally use for all my personal data, graphics and etc. Apart from this, i work remotely and for that i also found this type of service reliabile and to my reach anywhere and at any time. Who is the big hit? Well i suggest Dropbox, Sugarsync are the one with colossal kind of features in it.