Future of the Nexus devices Motorola?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The way that we think the Nexus program works is that the manufacturers put bids in and then Google chooses which one they like best.

It could also be that Google likes what a certain manufacturer is doing with their devices and then approaches them directly.

Either way if it was exclusive to Motorola or showed clear favoritism toward them without allowing competitors an opportunity to build it then they would run the risk of being investigated for anti-trust and/or anti-competitive practices.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
There's a huge firewall between Google and Motorola still, otherwise no other manufacturer would ever trust Google with proprietary/confidential information.
Google bought Motorola for their patents, not for their technology.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah I get it Kevin, that is pretty bright though, the first one sounds like the best idea for google to make money however the 2nd leads to the best technology. I guess buying a company is easier then buying patents.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
They probably don't want to give Motorola a Nexus, at least this year, so the OEM's don't get scared and push Windows Phone harder or something. It will probably happen in a few years, but not yet.

Also, Motorola needs to make more worldwide phones. Samsung made the Galaxy S and S II, which earned then the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. LG made the Optimus G, which earned them the Nexus 4. I don't think Moto released the RAZR HD outside of Canada (and the CDMA Droid version in the US, of course).

There's a huge firewall between Google and Motorola still, otherwise no other manufacturer would ever trust Google with proprietary/confidential information.
Google bought Motorola for their patents, not for their technology.

You really bought that? Did you miss the "Welcome to the new Motorola" line they dropped when they announced the Droid RAZR M, HD, and MAXX HD? Did you notice how much closer their new skin/UX is to stock ICS than before? This is about more than patents, my friend.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They probably don't want to give Motorola a Nexus, at least this year, so the OEM's don't get scared and push Windows Phone harder or something. It will probably happen in a few years, but not yet.

Also, Motorola needs to make more worldwide phones. Samsung made the Galaxy S and S II, which earned then the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. LG made the Optimus G, which earned them the Nexus 4. I don't think Moto released the RAZR HD outside of Canada (and the CDMA Droid version in the US, of course).

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last I heard, the RAZR HD was coming to Europe soon (if it isn't out already). They're not getting a RAZR M though, the RAZR i takes it place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89