Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crausch
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hisense Pulse Google TV box

Hisense was expected to start selling their Google TV box called "Pulse" in mid November. I just noticed it is available on Amazon for order this morning. Not available for shipping at the moment, but it allowed me to place an order.
    JoeGoes likes this.

Default Re: Hisense Pulse Google TV box

This is the 1st time I have ever entered a forum or a chat. I have two things to say:

1) I ordered 2 Hisense Pulse Boxes yesterday. If it performs even half as well as I am hoping, I will be satisfied.

2) Vizio originally had my order for the Co-Star but they botched the order so badly. They did not honor their promise of FREE SHIPPING during the original release and their overall service was TERRIBLE. I stand corrected. One has to offer service before one's service can be evaluated. Since Vizio's version of Customer service resulted in a supervisor not returning my calls, I can't really evaluate something that did not occur.

So, GOODBYE VIZIO CO-STAR & HELLO HISENSE PULSE.

By the way, if the Pulse works decently, then I know what I will be sending all of my friends and family for Christmas this year.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't usually pre-order things, but I am hoping that Hisense will put out a good product. Most the reviews that I read on the Visio Co-Star were not very impressive, so I thought that I would wait it out for the Pulse. I hope they release them for shipping by Black Friday. Anyway, for the cost, I am willing to take a chance. Google TV itself does not get the best reviews, but I am hoping that Google continues to improve upon it.

UPDATE 1-DEC-2012:
    For those who are waiting on the Android powered Hisense "Pulse", I was told by Hisense that the release is now scheduled for December 15th and they do not expect any more delays.

Anyone know if the Pulse accepts IR commands (from like a Harmony remote)? There are many times I don't need the full GTV keyboard...just d-pad and enter/select. Thanks!