Apple, Google Consider Arbitration Over Standard Patents
The companies have been exchanging proposals on using binding arbitration to reach a licensing agreement over patents that are essential to comply with industry standards on how phones operate. Such an agreement could lead to a global settlement of all of their patent disputes, Apple said in a filing yesterday.
“Apple is also interested in resolving its dispute with Motorola completely and agrees that arbitration may be the best vehicle to resolve the parties’ dispute,” Apple said in the filing.
Motorola Mobility first raised the issue of arbitration on Nov. 5, before a federal judge in Madison, Wisconsin, threw out a breach-of-contract case that Apple had filed. The Cupertino, California-based maker of the iPhone claimed its mobile-phone competitor was misusing standard-essential patents to demand unreasonable royalties.a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
- 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM #2
- 11-16-2012, 05:12 PM #3
- 11-16-2012, 06:00 PM #4
- 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM #5
- By DancesWithFarts in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 30Last Post: 02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
- By Bigfire8 in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 7Last Post: 07-14-2011, 10:06 PM
- By lornaevo in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
- By RetiredJedi in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-08-2011, 09:16 AM
- By BigTex in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 1Last Post: 09-27-2010, 04:37 PM