Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jerry Hildenbrand
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google... Wireless Service Provider

I found this to be an interesting read because I'm sure it's on Google's Master To-Do list. They've already started providing Super hi-speed internet, why not go all the way?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Journal
    Google Inc. has held talks with satellite-TV provider Dish Network Corp. in recent weeks to partner on a new wireless service that would rival the networks of wireless carriers such as AT&T Inc. and Verizon Wireless, according to people familiar with the discussions.

The talks between Dish and Google aren't advanced and could amount to nothing, one of the people said.

Google is just one of several companies that Dish has held talks with recently, and the discussions with other potential partners are also at an exploratory stage, said the people familiar with the discussions. It is unclear which other ...
    Sourc: (WSJ) Google, Dish Held Talks to Launch Wireless Service - WSJ.com

Thoughts?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Google... Wireless Service Provider

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerryGuy25 View Post

Thoughts?
    First thought is that you're freaking awesome for including the link. Writing online is tough work and I like it when people credit their source

Second thought?
    Apple; Microsoft; RIM; HP; Yahoo; Verizon; AT&T; Sprint; T-Mobile USA; Comcast; Time Warner; Clear vs. Google will hit the courts.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
    SamOliver and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    Second thought?
    Apple; Microsoft; RIM; HP; Yahoo; Verizon; AT&T; Sprint; T-Mobile USA; Comcast; Time Warner; Clear vs. Google will hit the courts.
    Well, on what grounds exactly do you think this will happen?

Dish Network Corp.? Sounds more like Google TV deal for me Motorola STBs anyone?

I'm very excited about this. They say they want to start offering service in mid to late 2013. Can you imagine a Motorola Nexus on Google's own network next holiday season? Their whole vision for Android would come together. And does anybody know how much spectrum they acquired? Data speeds will be key as everything is going to be data only. (Which is awesome. I always knew this would be inevitable but Google always seems to be in a rush to make the future happen.)

Google and Dish Network teaming on new data-only wireless carrier service - National Technology | Examiner.com
    Last edited by SamOliver; 11-18-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    Well, on what grounds exactly do you think this will happen?
    Any and every one they can think of. I'm not saying they would succeed, but by gawd they will try.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리