1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Suggest a good QWERTY phone for AT&T?

Hello Android Central Forums,

I can't stand virtual keyboards. I've tried them on the iPhone (my wife's), an HTC Inspire, my Nexus 7 and various other devices. The N7 is by far the most usable with the sweet spot in size, in my opinion. I was a big fan of the Pre and webOS, using 14 of them on Sprint (snicker, build quality) during my two year contract. I've since been on AT&T and I'm happy with the carrier, so far. I'm looking for a good phone with a physical keyboard to replace my aging Veer. After HP killed webOS, RIP, I tried to make a go of it on AT&T with the HTC Inspire FauxG. I tried for a good six months. I can live with Android as an OS, but just couldn't adjust to the virtual keyboard and went back to my trusted Veer.

I like what Matias has done with ICS and beyond and I'm quite happy with my Nexus 7. The only real QWERTY Android phone I've seen on AT&T is the HTC Status, which just doesn't seem like a viable handset for the future in a post-ICS world. I want a physical keyboard with decent performance. I wouldn't mind buying something from a market overseas, providing I could pickup HSPA+ with AT&T. I'd really like to run ICS or even newer if possible, even if it means flashing a custom ROM. Can anyone recommend something out there I may not have heard of yet?

Default Re: Suggest a good QWERTY phone for AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post
    Hello Android Central Forums,

I can't stand virtual keyboards. I've tried them on the iPhone (my wife's), an HTC Inspire, my Nexus 7 and various other devices. The N7 is by far the most usable with the sweet spot in size, in my opinion. I was a big fan of the Pre and webOS, using 14 of them on Sprint (snicker, build quality) during my two year contract. I've since been on AT&T and I'm happy with the carrier, so far. I'm looking for a good phone with a physical keyboard to replace my aging Veer. After HP killed webOS, RIP, I tried to make a go of it on AT&T with the HTC Inspire FauxG. I tried for a good six months. I can live with Android as an OS, but just couldn't adjust to the virtual keyboard and went back to my trusted Veer.

I like what Matias has done with ICS and beyond and I'm quite happy with my Nexus 7. The only real QWERTY Android phone I've seen on AT&T is the HTC Status, which just doesn't seem like a viable handset for the future in a post-ICS world. I want a physical keyboard with decent performance. I wouldn't mind buying something from a market overseas, providing I could pickup HSPA+ with AT&T. I'd really like to run ICS or even newer if possible, even if it means flashing a custom ROM. Can anyone recommend something out there I may not have heard of yet?
    So far the only thing that comes to my mind is the Samsung Captivate Glide. It has a super amoled 4 inch screen with a full QWERTY keyboard. It was actually just upgraded to ics but it definitely wont get jellybean. Unfortunately At&T no longer has a really high end QWERTY slider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums