Do you need to kill tasks via manage apps?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering if it is necessary to kill apps on my android device? Will android kill then for me? Does it use more battery? Also will cached apps drain my battery faster?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If the app has an exit/quit option under the settings, use that. If not, just back out of the app. Note, just hitting the home screen button will leave apps running. Any apps still running likely run on startup and in many cases force closing them only lasts a little while before they start up on their own again. As to the battery question, it all depends on the app. Apps left running that constantly attempt a GPS fix will run down the battery faster. Mail apps will use some battery, but much depends on how often they are set to sync.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If the app has an exit/quit option under the settings, use that. If not, just back out of the app. Note, just hitting the home screen button will leave apps running. Any apps still running likely run on startup and in many cases force closing them only lasts a little while before they start up on their own again. As to the battery question, it all depends on the app. Apps left running that constantly attempt a GPS fix will run down the battery faster. Mail apps will use some battery, but much depends on how often they are set to sync.

Small correction :p They won't keep app running at least in full power, activity (UI component) is in sleep state (only keeping it's statedoing nothing), only services keep running if there is any, if not whole application is in sleep doing nothingonly taking space in memory which gonna disapper once system needs that space. Ofcorse i'm talkign here about Java apps, I don't know who this work with native apps, but i had experience with one game that run on background whole time when i left it, so if you see dramatic battery consumption check if you got game still active (usally games are native apps).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary