Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #26  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    People will keep complaining until 32gb becomes the minimum internal storage on a phone until then no SD card will be a lot of angry users

    Sent from my PC36100
    When 32GB becomes the norm, people will complain that it's not 128GB.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
  2. #27  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    When 32GB becomes the norm, people will complain that it's not 128GB.
    Lol true I for one would be satisfied with 32gb

    Sent from my PC36100
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ..sadly, this will never be a good enough answer for a lot of people around here.
    Ok, make them with a big internal memory but change the os to accept an sd card. Sd cards aren't requirements, they are options.

    It's a dumb answer.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    When 32GB becomes the norm, people will complain that it's not 128GB.
    Only because files are getting bigger and bigger and by that point, 32 probably won't be big enough.

    I can really see in the future, you can go over your data limit downloading ONE FILE

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Ok, make them with a big internal memory but change the os to accept an sd card. Sd cards aren't requirements, they are options.

    It's a dumb answer.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Android will always support sd cards, because thats actully Linux kernel feature, it supports both block devices (this is name that linux use to any storage component/device) and read-write of file system on those block devices. It just need software that will mount sd card to some directory, that in case it lack you can install by yourself via root. Even if kernel they build will not support it (Linux kernel is modular allowing to do that) you can change kernel isn't it, but i guess they will build it anyway ifthey got sd card reader, they could do that in case of only having usb host.
  6. #31  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Ok, make them with a big internal memory but change the os to accept an sd card. Sd cards aren't requirements, they are options.

    It's a dumb answer.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    If you say SD cards are just options, then changing the OS to accept an SD card shouldn't be a requirement.

    Just saying.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    If you say SD cards are just options, then changing the OS to accept an SD card shouldn't be a requirement.

    Just saying.
    Yes, it should.

    The whole point is there still isn't a good reason not to include an sd card

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  8. #33  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Yes, it should.

    The whole point is there still isn't a good reason not to include an sd card

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    lol. No reason will ever be good enough for you.

    But that's fine. There are still Android phones that have SD card slots.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    lol. No reason will ever be good enough for you.

    But that's fine. There are still Android phones that have SD card slots.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Yet you still can't get a nexus with one that will still be supported

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  10. #35  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Yet you still can't get a nexus with one that will still be supported

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    ..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    blaze5 likes this.
  11. #36  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    I hate how android users are becoming more and more like apple users thinking the nexus is superior to everything I know this is off topic but I had to get that out there

    Sent from my PC36100
    Last edited by blaze5; 11-27-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  12. #37  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    I hate how android users are become more and more like apple users thinking the nexus is superior to everything I know this is off topic but I had to get that out there

    Sent from my PC36100
    Probably because the Nexus will get the most and best support the quickest. Suppose that doesn't matter too much if you're just going to root and flash custom roms on it anyway.


    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
  13. #38  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    Probably because the Nexus will get the most and best support the quickest. Suppose that doesn't matter too much if you're just going to root and flash custom roms on it anyway.


    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Those things do matter but they overlook other things just because of the nexus name just like iPhone users say well its an iPhone lol

    Sent from my PC36100
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available that you don't have to wait months for a update after its release and you get pure, 100% functionality right out the box without messing with some bs like cm mod where this doesn't work, that doesn't work, this freezes, etc.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Fixed that for you and now the statement is correct

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  15. #40  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Fixed that for you and now the statement is correct

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Can't fix what isn't broken.

    ..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available. :rolleyes:


    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Can't fix what isn't broken.

    ..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available. :rolleyes:


    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    It isn't but like i said it's the only one with timely updates.


    Google should put their foot down and MAKE the carriers and OEM's release updates within 30 days of release or deny them the ability to carry android phones.

    Only then would android be able to properly move forward.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Can't fix what isn't broken.

    ..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available. :rolleyes:


    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums


    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Heck, I remember when I went to buy my first computer, it had a whopping 4.3 gig hard drive and they said it would be hard to fill. I have more than double that on just one card, and more to be added.

    Definitely prefer the option of an SD slot, as I have more than one card with data on it. And I avoid phones without a removable battery because I'm a battery serial killer. I've worn out several batteries in multiple phones, already. Don't wanna have to disassemble a phone to replace one.
  19. #44  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    It isn't but like i said it's the only one with timely updates.


    Google should put their foot down and MAKE the carriers and OEM's release updates within 30 days of release or deny them the ability to carry android phones.

    Only then would android be able to properly move forward.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    If Google puts their foot down and starts dictating more to OEMs that use Android, there would be no Android phones or tablets with expandable memory because the Nexus line has no expandable memory.

    Unless there's a mission critical security update, OS updates don't really matter to regular consumers. Google still gets the data they want.

    The Playground is Open.

    You have choice. Learn to compromise. Get over it.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  20. #45  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    I hate how android users are become more and more like apple users thinking the nexus is superior to everything I know this is off topic but I had to get that out there

    Sent from my PC36100
    This is so true.

    Feels like there are a lot of people that want Google to control Android in a closed way.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  21. #46  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    This is so true.

    Feels like there are a lot of people that want Google to control Android in a closed way.
    And when that happens people will complain and say Google became ios

    Sent from my PC36100
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Internal Storage is superior to SD cards because -

    1. it's MUCH FASTER.
    2. it's MUCH MORE SECURE.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  23. #48  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Internal Storage is superior to SD cards because -

    1. it's MUCH FASTER.
    2. it's MUCH MORE SECURE.
    Still not good enough for some people here.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  24. #49  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Internal Storage is superior to SD cards because -

    1. it's MUCH FASTER.
    2. it's MUCH MORE SECURE.
    While I agree oems like Samsung and HTC need to offer the 32gb,64gb versions of their flagships at launch like Apple does and people will get over the SD card arguement I know I will

    Sent from my PC36100
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Internal Storage is superior to SD cards because -

    1. it's MUCH FASTER.
    2. it's MUCH MORE SECURE.
    Sd cards WITH internal storage is superior than just internal storage because-

    1. If the phone is damaged, all data on it is gone, but with an sd card you can salvage it

    2. If the computer won't recognize the phone, you can always put the sd card into a reader and get that data without using the cloud to run your data up

    3. You can expand storage capabilities with an sd card, not so much with internal storage

    4. You can switch sd cards without powering down the phone and keep a significant portion of your music or video library with you at all times.

    5. It's just better to have a feature and device not to use it than to not have it and not have the option to use it

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    PittsPgh likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Questions on downloading files to the tablet from Micro SD
    By davidlnewman in forum Acer Iconia A500
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
  2. So why is Android so fragile?
    By Chris3D in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 07:05 PM
  3. How to move apps from the SD card to Evo.
    By 31794ty in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
  4. Why is android worth the switch?
    By brendu in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 04:21 PM
  5. Why is the Incredible absent from HTC's website?
    By Xian.I.Am in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 03:11 AM

Posting Permissions

B