Gmail "compressed" on Verizon Razr Maxx

jenelle anderson

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My Gmail displays many individual opened email as a thin white line across a black screen.
The list view (of emails) shows a proper summary of sender, title, and datestamp but when I open one of the problem emails, I see no info, just a white line. If I click the while line (or the down arrow to the right of the date, it displays a gray button "Save group," which I won't click, because often these problem emails are sent to "me direct" but involve multiple users. It's a problem with responses from recruiters (for jobs), with Linked In (i.e., senders are group-digest@linkedin.com and groups-noreply@linkedin.com), or google univers:jobs, tools, (group-digest@linkedin.com)

I get individual emails (direct from someone to me...even from those not in my contacts list) and I get "group emails, i.e., from noreply@youtube.com.

When I click REPLY for one of these, I get a message: Couldn't load message text. The message could be too large to view." --odd, because ads from Lowes and Best Buy display (first without the pix...with option to display pix or always display pix...how do I fix this?

That's definitely a problem if "multiple email exchanges" are calculated by the size of the entire collection.

It was a problem on an email interchange with a recruiter (this would be one-to-one emails, not a group thing) when I was trying to find the address for an interview...arggggghhh.

Any ideas from folks out there?

Droid Razr Maxx 4.0.4, Kernel 3.0.8-g29cf5e7
System version 6.16.211.XZT912.Verizon.en.US

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the GMail app?

You could try just loading it in the browser. Or, clear the cache on the GMail app. Or, try an alternative mail app like the stock E-Mail app, or K9 Mail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey