Apple may move A-series processor manufacturing from Samsung to TSMC
Industry sources claim Apple could begin sourcing its A-series mobile processors from Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacture Company sometime in 2013, according to DigiTimes. The prospects of such a move are a concern for TSMC's other major clients, including Qualcomm, NVIDIA, Broadcom, and Altera, as Apple's SoC needs could swallow up a big portion of TSMC's production capacity.
Samsung is currently the sole source for the A5, A6, and A6X processors used in Apple's mobile devices. Despite the five-year history of Samsung as a major supplier for Apple, the relationship between the two companies has been strained by a steady stream of litigation over smartphone designs and patents.a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
- 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM #2
- By Wolvan in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 2Last Post: 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM
- By Franklin#AC in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 3Last Post: 04-12-2010, 08:58 AM
- By bergman in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 34Last Post: 02-13-2010, 04:26 PM
- By AAFD in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 9Last Post: 01-18-2010, 10:05 AM
- By equus in forum IntroductionsReplies: 22Last Post: 11-02-2009, 10:11 PM