1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App data, cache

Hi, I've been having some issues with google play store and it was suggested i clear the google play app data and cache. This didn't solve the issues and I've now found that my google play search history has been cleared I guess this was from clearing the data and cache? Im quite bummed about that. Is there any way to restore the search history?
    Is the search history data still somewhere?

Thanks.

Default Re: App data, cache

Once you clear your app history, it's gone. You can, however, access Google Play on a computer, and you can see a library of every app you have ever downloaded to you account.

°~¤~°HTC Evo Design°~¤~°
    ~*Purple Android*~

You can safely clear cache, it's space that is usally used for non-critical (developer need to assume that this data may be deleted) templary internet downloads (or alternativly results of heavy processing) that is keeped, so app don't need to redownload it minutes afher doing so which results app working faster.Biggest cache users are browsers that keeps website images, so page only downloads fresh text content not whole layout again. But if you really need space it's safe do clear it, ofcorse that will result result bigger network usage.

App data contains configuration, if you clear that you will reset app to default configuration and it will be like you just installed it, so i would watch out here.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. What sort of configuration data would likley be reset when clearing the google play store app data and cache? All my apps and wishlist are still there and i didn't have to set my account up again. Mainly it's the search history that has been cleared. Would that have been cleared by clearing the cache or app data? Is there any chance the cleared cache and app data files are still somewhere and be recovered?

App Data... or else devloper went crazy and write it on cache where it should not suppose to be