Need help deciding on a tablet

David Jenkins

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at the nexus 10 note 10.1 an the tsus tf700. how ever someone told me my best bet was to wait for tegra 4 because tegra 3 Sucked. z have about Soo cash Plus tax to Spend Should I really wait or Should I get one now, want speed and Power which I Know these current tabs have. I like gaming but hate apple. any suggestions?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If the primary reason for wanting a tablet is gaming...then you COULD wait for the next Tegra, but who know when that'll be or when it'll launch in an actual device. That being said...the Nexus 7 is a fantastic tablet, runs great, is cheap, and runs all the Tegrazone stuff perfectly.

Don't get the Note 10.1 if you wanna game...it's just not built for it.

The Transformer tablets from Asus are also really good...but the Infinity isn't the greatest for gaming.

David Jenkins

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
If the primary reason for wanting a tablet is gaming...then you COULD wait for the next Tegra, but who know when that'll be or when it'll launch in an actual device. That being said...the Nexus 7 is a fantastic tablet, runs great, is cheap, and runs all the Tegrazone stuff perfectly.

Don't get the Note 10.1 if you wanna game...it's just not built for it.

The Transformer tablets from Asus are also really good...but the Infinity isn't the greatest for gaming.

well they are saying tegra 4 comes out ql 2013 but who knows when it'll be in something. Primary use isn't gaming but I will now and then in not wanting cheap so Nexus 7. What wrong with the Asus and note? ? own a note 2 now its fast as hell

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
well they are saying tegra 4 comes out ql 2013 but who knows when it'll be in something. Primary use isn't gaming but I will now and then in not wanting cheap so Nexus 7. What wrong with the Asus and note? ? own a note 2 now its fast as hell

The Note 10.1 is great for being productive. Not so much anything else (at least it's not better than anything else in any other area).

The Prime Infinity can get laggy fairly easily.

The Nexus 7 might not cost a lot, but it doesn't feel or act cheap at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

David Jenkins

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The Note 10.1 is great for being productive. Not so much anything else (at least it's not better than anything else in any other area).

The Prime Infinity can get laggy fairly easily.

The Nexus 7 might not cost a lot, but it doesn't feel or act cheap at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

why does the Asus get Laggy?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
ah I see that Sucks since its Such a nice tablet. grr. guess nexus 7 or 10 it is

The 10 also suffers from lag and being bogged down in certain scenarios. For example, if you're watching a high bit rate movie you better not try to multi task.

To be honest, all android tablets will have this issue in specific circumstances. It's not 100% of the time, and it hasn't ruined my experience.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well the nexus 10 is the most powerful tablet out of all of these, it's a-15 chips are so much more powerful than the tegra and exynos, and nexus 10 has the best gpu out of all of these, so I would go for the nexus 10

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Tegra3 Nexus 7 is not that bad really, quite nice. Sure, Nexus 10 may be great but 7 inch is a very nice size. If you want to try something this year Nexus 7 has been quite decent for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums