Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nrm5110
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

Default Schmidt defends Google tax avoidance, says burden on governments

SCHMIDT DEFENDS GOOGLE’S TAX AVOIDANCE STRATEGY, SAYS SHELTERING PROFITS IS PERFECTLY LEGAL via BGR

Google (GOOG) chairman Eric Schmidt has a decent rejoinder to politicians upset that his company is sheltering profits in Bermuda shell companies: Under the rules governments have written, such behavior is perfectly legal. Per the Sydney Morning Herald, Schmidt this week said that he was “very proud of the structure that we set up” to keep his company’s taxes as low as possible while adding that “we did it based on the incentives that the governments offered us to operate.” But while Google’s behavior may be legal, there are still important questions about whether governments should put up with it.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Schmidt defends Google tax avoidance, says burden on governments

This mofo (Schmidt) has zero ethics. Stabs Steve Jobs in the back, stabs the goverment in the back... I like Android but the sooner they jettison this Judas the better.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Welcome to capitalism do you know how many companies do this? Its legal so why are we attacking Google and not all the others as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Welcome to capitalism do you know how many companies do this? Its legal so why are we attacking Google and not all the others as well.

Honestly, main reason I posted this was because there have been a few people here and in the comment sections of various tech blogs that come down hard on Apple for doing the same thing, yet Google does it too and those same people are silent.

Just my little experiment. I'd bet if I posted about how Apple dodges taxes, there would be way more comments.

Hate for hates sake.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Honestly, main reason I posted this was because there have been a few people here and in the comment sections of various tech blogs that come down hard on Apple for doing the same thing, yet Google does it too and those same people are silent.

Just my little experiment. I'd bet if I posted about how Apple dodges taxes, there would be way more comments.

Hate for hates sake.
    Maybe I see things differently lol I have seen these stories all over but I really don't care. Its legit so I don't see why the hate on any of them. All companies are underhanded to me anyway

Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post

Hate for hates sake.
    I'm actually a little surprised and a bit disappointed to find out that Google has been doing this as well. I thought they'd be above something like this. But I guess they're a business first.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Any idea how much Google actually paid in taxes? I know Apple paid less than 2%.
    Teenage app developer for Auto Forum. Be sure to download Auto Forum from Google Play!