Schmidt defends Google tax avoidance, says burden on governments

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
SCHMIDT DEFENDS GOOGLE?S TAX AVOIDANCE STRATEGY, SAYS SHELTERING PROFITS IS PERFECTLY LEGAL via BGR

Google (GOOG) chairman Eric Schmidt has a decent rejoinder to politicians upset that his company is sheltering profits in Bermuda shell companies: Under the rules governments have written, such behavior is perfectly legal. Per the Sydney Morning Herald, Schmidt this week said that he was ?very proud of the structure that we set up? to keep his company?s taxes as low as possible while adding that ?we did it based on the incentives that the governments offered us to operate.? But while Google?s behavior may be legal, there are still important questions about whether governments should put up with it.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This mofo (Schmidt) has zero ethics. Stabs Steve Jobs in the back, stabs the goverment in the back... I like Android but the sooner they jettison this Judas the better.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to capitalism do you know how many companies do this? Its legal so why are we attacking Google and not all the others as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to capitalism do you know how many companies do this? Its legal so why are we attacking Google and not all the others as well.

Honestly, main reason I posted this was because there have been a few people here and in the comment sections of various tech blogs that come down hard on Apple for doing the same thing, yet Google does it too and those same people are silent.

Just my little experiment. I'd bet if I posted about how Apple dodges taxes, there would be way more comments.

Hate for hates sake.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, main reason I posted this was because there have been a few people here and in the comment sections of various tech blogs that come down hard on Apple for doing the same thing, yet Google does it too and those same people are silent.

Just my little experiment. I'd bet if I posted about how Apple dodges taxes, there would be way more comments.

Hate for hates sake.

Maybe I see things differently lol I have seen these stories all over but I really don't care. Its legit so I don't see why the hate on any of them. All companies are underhanded to me anyway

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Hate for hates sake.

I'm actually a little surprised and a bit disappointed to find out that Google has been doing this as well. I thought they'd be above something like this. But I guess they're a business first.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums