Vanilla Droid device for AT&T
Didn't see anything around, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of any good Vanilla Android (or near-vanilla) phones available for purchase unlocked, preferably compatible with AT&T LTE (which is why I'm not considering the Nexus 4 except as a last resort).
I'm personally wishing the PadFone2 would come here, but real life intrudes...
- 12-20-2012, 11:28 PM #2
Re: Vanilla Droid device for AT&T
Nothing. All AT&T LTE phones are carrier branded. If you mean off-contract, then the One X or S3 can be rooted and you can flash an AOSP rom. That's the closest you'll get.
But trust me, that solution isn't ideal and all AOSP roms for the One X (can't speak for the S3) have some issues that make it not daily driver material for some people.Forum Rules & Guidelines -- CLICK HERE
I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Here's what that means. It means that from time to time I might receive products and/or services from NVIDIA to evaluate them and provide feedback to NVIDIA and you, our valuable members. What this does NOT mean is that my opinion will be biased. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my personal preference and any relevant expertise that I may/may not have on the subject matter.
- By skb0203 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 16Last Post: 11-22-2012, 01:44 PM
- By j1787 in forum AT&TReplies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2012, 07:48 AM
- By going_home in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 1Last Post: 04-17-2011, 10:04 PM
- By Joeybear23 in forum AT&TReplies: 9Last Post: 01-23-2011, 12:20 AM
- By kennethmsmith in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-10-2010, 10:57 PM