Using Windows Phone as an Ex-Android User

Mosov

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So I recently bought the Nokia Lumia 920, windows phone, after 2 years of using the HTC Aria a nice phone, though became a bit slow and was too small. The Nokia phone is great in terms of design, specs and design. I was convinced to buy the Galaxy S3 because I really liked Android and Google in general, until I was wowed with the design of the windows phone and the nice specs (+100 dollars cheaper).

A few things about the OS.

Apps, Apps, Apps. Windows phone is greatly lacking in apps. This is something it needs to work on. I miss the abundance of apps with android.
Google Maps. Simply the best. Has more info than nokia maps. I miss it.
Gmail/Gdocs integration is not seamless at all. I use gdocs a lot for collaboration.
Would like a dedicated google+ app.
I like the tiles a lot, but I kind of miss the nice widgets.

Just some of my thoughts as an ex-android user (though I still use google products).

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Apps lack as it's yonger (in it's current form) and less popular system.... other then that you could replace all points with "I miss Android" :p

Mosov

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Apps lack as it's yonger (in it's current form) and less popular system.... other then that you could replace all points with "I miss Android" :p

haha, well I definitely miss the app selection, but I like the design of WP much more. I'm a kind of guy that uses gmail, google+, gdocs....maybe I should have stuck with Android haha