Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default HSPA+ & Prepaid & AT&T & T-Mobile

When my contract is up with Verizon, I am going to switch to a prepaid service. I want to get an Android phone that can support HSPA+ on both T-Mobile and AT&T. Which phones fall into this category?

Thanks
    Brent

Default Re: HSPA+ & Prepaid & AT&T & T-Mobile

Whatever Nexus is currently selling through the Google play Store. At the moment, it is the Nexus 4.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Thanked by:

Well, if you live in a city where T-mobile has refarmed their 1900mhz frequency to 3G then any Android phone that supports AT&T HSPA frequences will also do the trick.

As for prepaid service, my best suggestion is the $30 100 min, unlimited text, and 5GB plan from T-mobile...if not then Straight Talk
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I live in a rural area and T-Mobile support isn't that great so I don't see that my city will be getting that for a while but I am going to try that plan first. I keep hearing something about Straight Talk and no streaming support. Is that still the case? I heard that Pandora would not work. Also, is AT&T GoPhone not an option with these unlocked phones? I know their monthly fee is $65 for GoPhone which is considerably more but still better than Verizon prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by justapps View Post
    I live in a rural area and T-Mobile support isn't that great so I don't see that my city will be getting that for a while but I am going to try that plan first. I keep hearing something about Straight Talk and no streaming support. Is that still the case? I heard that Pandora would not work. Also, is AT&T GoPhone not an option with these unlocked phones? I know their monthly fee is $65 for GoPhone which is considerably more but still better than Verizon prepaid.
    hmmm.. I never heard that about streaming with Straight Talk. I just tested it to make sure and I can verify Pandora works just fine on ATT Straight Talk, so does YouTube, Spotify and Google Music if your wondering.
    Thanked by: