HSPA+ & Prepaid & AT&T & T-Mobile

justapps

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When my contract is up with Verizon, I am going to switch to a prepaid service. I want to get an Android phone that can support HSPA+ on both T-Mobile and AT&T. Which phones fall into this category?

Thanks
Brent

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Whatever Nexus is currently selling through the Google play Store. At the moment, it is the Nexus 4.

Culex316

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you live in a city where T-mobile has refarmed their 1900mhz frequency to 3G then any Android phone that supports AT&T HSPA frequences will also do the trick.

As for prepaid service, my best suggestion is the $30 100 min, unlimited text, and 5GB plan from T-mobile...if not then Straight Talk

justapps

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I live in a rural area and T-Mobile support isn't that great so I don't see that my city will be getting that for a while but I am going to try that plan first. I keep hearing something about Straight Talk and no streaming support. Is that still the case? I heard that Pandora would not work. Also, is AT&T GoPhone not an option with these unlocked phones? I know their monthly fee is $65 for GoPhone which is considerably more but still better than Verizon prepaid.

paral3ellum

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I live in a rural area and T-Mobile support isn't that great so I don't see that my city will be getting that for a while but I am going to try that plan first. I keep hearing something about Straight Talk and no streaming support. Is that still the case? I heard that Pandora would not work. Also, is AT&T GoPhone not an option with these unlocked phones? I know their monthly fee is $65 for GoPhone which is considerably more but still better than Verizon prepaid.

hmmm.. I never heard that about streaming with Straight Talk. I just tested it to make sure and I can verify Pandora works just fine on ATT Straight Talk, so does YouTube, Spotify and Google Music if your wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol