Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Default Motorola sales decline analysis: potential to turn into money pit

Motorola sales decline analysis: potential to turn into money pit via BGR.

Interviews of three Motorola engineers who have recently left the company reflect the oldest cliché in the phone business. A takeover or a merger leads to a new wave of executives arriving at a handset manufacturer, pushing out experienced people and disrupting product development without bringing in skills that would actually speed up R&D. The arrogance of Google people towards Motorola probably matches closely the way Philips treated Lucent’s mobile phone unit and BenQ handled the Siemens team.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Motorola sales decline analysis: potential to turn into money pit

Not surprising. I was talking to a guy that worked for AdMob and he didn't have anything great to say about Google when they bought AdMob.

Still, Google is doing a good job with Android, so what's going on?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

True, Android INC was a purchased company by Google at one point that lead to development of the Android operating system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

I'll add -

Google is relatively new to hardware.

Still, further consolidating Motorola's offerings to one halo phone and a few minor devices as needed would do wonders.

Playing armchair quarterback -

- do everything possible to get out of exclusivity deal with Verizon on the RAZR brand.
    - focus on one halo device, this supposed "X" phone. Spend Google money on getting placement on all carriers like Apple does with the iPhone and Samsung does with the Galaxy S3 and Note 2.
    - don't ditch MotoBlur. Unless the Motorola brand goes away, MotoBlur should stay. MotoBlur is great and lightweight now.
    - camera. camera. camera. While everyone is putting better cameras on their phones, Motorola seems to be stuck with an abundance of this crappy 8MP sensor. The cameras they source should be on-par with the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3. Heck. Put in an order for the same Sony sensor that Apple and Samsung get.
    - continue to lead with battery.
    - if you can't get out of exclusivity on the RAZR brand in the US with Verizon, raise another name from the dead - StarTac.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    cormaster628 and sr2012 like this.

Yeah I agree, with Verizon having the razr name Motorola is left without a flagship line for the rest of the carriers. It would make sense to use the razr name too since the old v3 was the biggest hit before the iphone came and rewrote the rules

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2