Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turning off roaming.

I've got a galaxy note II, and i can see that roaming is on.

As you know, when its on, there is this "extra side" comming up, like when you plug earphones in etc.

It starts to anoy me, so how do i turn it off? I tried at guide for it, but it showed a selection i dont have.

(sorry if my english is bad)

Default Re: Turning off roaming.

You can turn off roaming by going to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks then un-check "Data roaming". I'm not sure what you mean by an "extra side" coming up, but if you're looking to just disable the notification icon that comes up when you're roaming (looks like a triangle), then I'm afraid that you can't. The only possibility for disabling that annoying indicator is if you're rooted and someone has a patch to remove that.

Default Re: Turning off roaming.

The "extra side" he's referring to is the Note 2's ability to display 2 apps on the screen at once. This has nothing to do with being in roaming mode.

The pop-up when you plug in headphones is from something called Page Buddy. I don't have a Note 2, so I can't tell you how to turn it off, but if you look in settings you'll probably find something.

Alternately, there's a forum here specific to the Note 2. You'll probably get answers there from people who actually use the Note 2 and can tell you exactly how to do it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.