Android on iPhone?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I think its possible yes. Practical? Not really. The iphone has always been behind android phones on hardware. However it doesn't matter much for ios because ios is completely optimized for the hardware. Android on that hardware however would run quite a bit slower.

Also it would be next to impossible to get all the binaries needed to run the hardware. Binaries are basically your drivers. There are no android compatible binaries so yeah its technically possible but realistically not possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Android on iPhone?

As i know, not on this preticler iPhone. But it is possible on first iPhone, iPhone 3G, first iPod touch and first iPad which which had boot loader hacked. Biggest problem aside of hacking bootloader is drivers since Linux dont have drivers for most iPhone hardware which means they need to writen from 0 to make things worse by reverse enginiring in some cases (i know ip3g touch screen was a pain to make it work).I didnt follow that project for long time so i dont know current status (maybe iP4s got hacked too), its community sitting on iFans forum, so if you want info on that go there

Alot weaker android phones then iPhone 4s officaly run ICS out of the box ; p so speed should not be problem

Last edited:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Most impractical thread of the year award goes to....

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

The person who bought an iPhone because everyone else had one but really wanted an android so now they would like to know if you can erase ios and install jelly bean on their iPhone. *announcer voice* "I'm going to accept this award on their behalf because they could not make it tonight. They're still busy trying to get android on an iPhone"

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

The person who bought an iPhone because everyone else had one but really wanted an android so now they would like to know if you can erase ios and install jelly bean on their iPhone. *announcer voice* "I'm going to accept this award on their behalf because they could not make it tonight. They're still busy trying to get android on an iPhone"

You can actully dual-boot ; p and who say he want android because he thinks its better? Maybe he wants to toy with his iPhone or just ask interesting quastion.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can actully dual-boot ; p and who say he want android because he thinks its better? Maybe he wants to toy with his iPhone or just ask interesting quastion.

They are on an "android" forum asking "android" enthusiasts how to get an "android" os on their iPhone. There are probably plenty of ways to toy with an iPhone besides trying to put "android" on it. I like how you tried to defend them but we both know that he/she wants an android. I'd say them and you know which is best.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

They are on an "android" forum asking "android" enthusiasts how to get an "android" os on their iPhone. There are probably plenty of ways to toy with an iPhone besides trying to put "android" on it. I like how you tried to defend them but we both know that he/she wants an android. I'd say them and you know which is best.

Which one is the best depends on opinion and needs. He did'nt said why he wants android, he did said if he even have iPhone, maybe he just wondering ask this quastion... but all he gets is hate, due alergic rection of some people.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why the OP was asking about Android on an iPhone is still not clear so you have a point on that one but if we're on this forum then I would say all of us share a common opinion that android is better for whatever reason we might say. I don't want to turn this thread into a Presidential debate so I'll have my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I remember a while back there was some effort and some level of success getting android on the iPhone 3G. It was early alpha quality, I don't know what ever materialized from that effort.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I remember a while back there was some effort and some level of success getting android on the iPhone 3G. It was early alpha quality, I don't know what ever materialized from that effort.

Yes they successfuly run android as i remembet it was around time when Froyo been annouced, project called iDroid

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
but if we're on this forum then I would say all of us share a common opinion that android is better for whatever reason we might say.
Actually it just shows that we have an Android product of some sort which doesn't prove that we think Android phones are better than iPhones.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith