Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: So what does everyone think of Tegra 4?

So, the fastest GPU in a mobile device? Seems to be the case according to . So we have some of the fastest CPU cores available, and presumably the fastest GPU. How can anyone not like what they're seeing here?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Has anyone seen the rumour with the exynos 5 octa gpu? Some people are saying that the octa will contain the exact same gpu as the ipad 3 (A5X) and the iPhone 5, and only containing 3 cores? Not even 4!. I would have thought samsung would havw went with the Mali-T658 but apparently they are going with PowerVr Chips now.

Also samsung claimed the gpu is twice as fast as anything out there, so rumours say the chip theyre using is clocked twice as high as the iPhone 5 (anything out there represents apple) and therefore is twice as fast as iphone 5. But it wont be as fast as the ipad 4. Samsung why?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidS3 View Post
    Has anyone seen the rumour with the exynos 5 octa gpu? Some people are saying that the octa will contain the exact same gpu as the ipad 3 (A5X) and the iPhone 5, and only containing 3 cores? Not even 4!. I would have thought samsung would havw went with the Mali-T658 but apparently they are going with PowerVr Chips now.

Also samsung claimed the gpu is twice as fast as anything out there, so rumours say the chip theyre using is clocked twice as high as the iPhone 5 (anything out there represents apple) and therefore is twice as fast as iphone 5. But it wont be as fast as the ipad 4. Samsung why?
    And that's the fail that stopped me from giving the octa a chance. One step forward, one step back.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Yeah id agree with you mate, I think if samsung used the latest mali chip or actually even the power vr chip thats in the ipad 4 then that would be better. But this chip that they may use was used early last year and is getting old now, the only thing good about the octa is the '8 core' 4 A15 cores and 4 A7 cores, but for the gpu it sucks.

Nvidia is pulling ahead in this one! Poor work samsung, I am afraid when my upgrade comes around I will not be purchasing a device from them if it has that older power vr chip. It will be Nvidia for me!

Many rumored device seem to come with the Tegra 4, then we can wait for the first device's coming to test the performance.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    Many rumored device seem to come with the Tegra 4, then we can wait for the first device's coming to test the performance.
    I saw the performance of Project Shield at the press conference. It was impressive. Playing games at 4K resolution.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

What games did you play? And was it smooth?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What games did you play? And was it smooth?
    I didn't personally play them, but the demos they did were smooth.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

I saw a vid on you tube with black ops 2 running on it, but does it use the shields gpu to run it or was it streamed?

Because Onlive on android is streamed and doesnt use gpu?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I saw a vid on you tube with black ops 2 running on it, but does it use the shields gpu to run it or was it streamed?

Because Onlive on android is streamed and doesnt use gpu?
    When they connected to the PC it's streamed, with all the hard work being done by the PC.

The boxing game and mech game were being played by the Shield.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Ohh so BO2 wasn't using the GPU? How do you think it would run if it were to?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ohh so BO2 wasn't using the GPU? How do you think it would run if it were to?
    Hard to say. Tegra 4 is a fraction of the power of a GTX680. If I had to guess, not that good. For a phone or tablet the Tegra 4 is plenty powerful, but not as far as PC graphics go.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

No I suppose not, I know I shouldn't really be basing how good the CPU is with benchmarks but there is something about Geekbench. The nexus 10 with only a dual core A15 @ 1.7ghz gets about 2500-3000. Now on the Exynos octa and tegra 4 the CPU (quad A15) will probabaly hit close to 4K. Now my intel i3 2nd Gen hits about 4.4K. Mobile CPU's are catching i3's already haha.

However for the GPU like you said its probably a fraction of a good GPU out there!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: So what does everyone think of Tegra 4?

Because of the Tegra 4, I think there must be a big revolution in the industry, it is a really good news for all of us, I am super expecting.

Im interested in seeing if and what Asus device gets it...The next transformer pad?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

What about the 'new' nexus 7 thats apparently meant to come, rumours of it being beefed up, not sure if it'll be tegra 4 tho?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What about the 'new' nexus 7 thats apparently meant to come, rumours of it being beefed up, not sure if it'll be tegra 4 tho?
    No idea...but I hope it is.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Got a feeling it wont have tegra 4, its meant to be the same price as original? Im guessing tegra 3+ @ 1.7ghz and 2gb ram, with screen resolution of that in the ipad or nexus 10
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Got a feeling it wont have tegra 4, its meant to be the same price as original? Im guessing tegra 3+ @ 1.7ghz and 2gb ram, with screen resolution of that in the ipad or nexus 10
    I think 1080p is a safe bet (they don't want to compete with their own product), and it'll have to be a new chipset that hasn't been in a Nexus (at least historically that's been the case), so we'd be looking at either the Tegra 4 or Samsung octo-core thing (but I hope not).

Why not a Snapdragon? They just came out with new ones, right? Sure, but it's the same basic architecture with the same pipeline and not a "completely new" architecture. It's like a revision of what they released late last year (faster clocks and stuff). The Tegra 4 is an all new architecture for nVidia, and the GPU is fast enough to want some attention from Google for optimization. The octo-core from Samsung is also brand new for them, will undoubtedly be in a ton of devices (all from Samsung of course, which is a double-edged sword), and would also warrant some attention. But it just doesn't seem like it'll be as fast as Tegra 4. Besides, Samsung already does a ton of optimizing within Touchwiz for its chips.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Yeah 1080p sure to be enough

Snapdragon? Not sure about the new one 800? Thats not meant to be in devices until late this year to next year. Maybe the S4 clocked at 1.7ghz like the new rumoured optimus G. Tegra 4 would be incredible and id definitely get the tablet if it did. Octa core? Google can keep my money lol!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I think 1080p is a safe bet (they don't want to compete with their own product), and it'll have to be a new chipset that hasn't been in a Nexus (at least historically that's been the case), so we'd be looking at either the Tegra 4 or Samsung octo-core thing (but I hope not).

Why not a Snapdragon? They just came out with new ones, right? Sure, but it's the same basic architecture with the same pipeline and not a "completely new" architecture. It's like a revision of what they released late last year (faster clocks and stuff). The Tegra 4 is an all new architecture for nVidia, and the GPU is fast enough to want some attention from Google for optimization. The octo-core from Samsung is also brand new for them, will undoubtedly be in a ton of devices (all from Samsung of course, which is a double-edged sword), and would also warrant some attention. But it just doesn't seem like it'll be as fast as Tegra 4. Besides, Samsung already does a ton of optimizing within Touchwiz for its chips.
    Yeah 1080p sure to be enough

Snapdragon? Not sure about the new one 800? Thats not meant to be in devices until late this year to next year. Maybe the S4 clocked at 1.7ghz like the new rumoured optimus G. Tegra 4 would be incredible and id definitely get the tablet if it did. Octa core? Google can keep my money lol!
    Im really lookimg forward to that rumored nexus tablet. Hopefully we see some tegra 4 action and at least 32Gb of non-portioned storage. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Im really lookimg forward to that rumored nexus tablet. Hopefully we see some tegra 4 action and at least 32Gb of non-portioned storage. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    It"ll definitely be amazing, lets home we see it, or some cheap tablet with tegra 4 in!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Apparently New Nexus 7 not Tegra 4.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Apparently New Nexus 7 not Tegra 4.
    Except that the Tegra 4 also has LTE....

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by 5blueberry8 View Post
    Because of the Tegra 4, I think there must be a big revolution in the industry, it is a really good news for all of us, I am super expecting.
    What revolution? Tegra 4 is nothing new.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast