1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Best PayGo phone (Jan 2013) ?

To begin, the first thing I do when I buy a new phone is erase the OS and install a custom ROM (Nexus phones excluded).

The second thing is that I'm cheap. Right now, it looks like the cheapest plans out there are T-Mo ($30/month) and Virgin ($35/month). Anyone have any other carriers that do cheap data plans?

So, with that said, any thoughts on what the best phone options are right now? I know Jelly Bean is available for most new phones, though I don't know the state of development for them. The Nexus 4 seems like a pretty sweet deal if you can get it. Virgin has a bunch of random phones I haven't heard much about - anyone think they're better than Nexus? Should I just cough up the cash for an iPhone 5?

All helpful thoughts welcomed!
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Default Re: Best PayGo phone (Jan 2013) ?

Quote Originally Posted by odoketa View Post
    To begin, the first thing I do when I buy a new phone is erase the OS and install a custom ROM (Nexus phones excluded).

The second thing is that I'm cheap. Right now, it looks like the cheapest plans out there are T-Mo ($30/month) and Virgin ($35/month). Anyone have any other carriers that do cheap data plans?

So, with that said, any thoughts on what the best phone options are right now? I know Jelly Bean is available for most new phones, though I don't know the state of development for them. The Nexus 4 seems like a pretty sweet deal if you can get it. Virgin has a bunch of random phones I haven't heard much about - anyone think they're better than Nexus? Should I just cough up the cash for an iPhone 5?

All helpful thoughts welcomed!
    Brand new?

Nexus 4 if you can find it.

One V or EVO V for Virgin.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by: