Best PayGo phone (Jan 2013) ?

odoketa

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
To begin, the first thing I do when I buy a new phone is erase the OS and install a custom ROM (Nexus phones excluded).

The second thing is that I'm cheap. Right now, it looks like the cheapest plans out there are T-Mo ($30/month) and Virgin ($35/month). Anyone have any other carriers that do cheap data plans?

So, with that said, any thoughts on what the best phone options are right now? I know Jelly Bean is available for most new phones, though I don't know the state of development for them. The Nexus 4 seems like a pretty sweet deal if you can get it. Virgin has a bunch of random phones I haven't heard much about - anyone think they're better than Nexus? Should I just cough up the cash for an iPhone 5?

All helpful thoughts welcomed!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
To begin, the first thing I do when I buy a new phone is erase the OS and install a custom ROM (Nexus phones excluded).

The second thing is that I'm cheap. Right now, it looks like the cheapest plans out there are T-Mo ($30/month) and Virgin ($35/month). Anyone have any other carriers that do cheap data plans?

So, with that said, any thoughts on what the best phone options are right now? I know Jelly Bean is available for most new phones, though I don't know the state of development for them. The Nexus 4 seems like a pretty sweet deal if you can get it. Virgin has a bunch of random phones I haven't heard much about - anyone think they're better than Nexus? Should I just cough up the cash for an iPhone 5?

All helpful thoughts welcomed!

Brand new?

Nexus 4 if you can find it.

One V or EVO V for Virgin.