Interesting articles about the "cool" factor of Samsung, MSFT and Apple among teens

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Pssh msft stopped being cool in my books 10 years ago. As for apple they were never cool, but to be true I know a lot of teens that still cling to their Idevices and would prefer to be buried with them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not surprised.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe they?ve still got something great up their sleeve? Apple has provided tremendous competition in the mobile arena since 2007, helping to push mobile technology forward for everyone in great ways. Perhaps we are seeing the true effect Steve Jobs had at Apple, and he is truly missed 15 months after his death. Did he already have a ton of products in development, as has been rumored, and we haven?t seen them yet? Or has Apple already spent all its "creative" capital?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Pssh msft stopped being cool in my books 10 years ago

I agree, but they are trying to get back in the game with a full court press with Windows 8 and the Surface Pro. The Surface Pro is actually a pretty bad-a$$ machine from what I've read.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they?ve still got something great up their sleeve? Apple has provided tremendous competition in the mobile arena since 2007, helping to push mobile technology forward for everyone in great ways. Perhaps we are seeing the true effect Steve Jobs had at Apple, and he is truly missed 15 months after his death. Did he already have a ton of products in development, as has been rumored, and we haven?t seen them yet? Or has Apple already spent all its "creative" capital?
That is exactly it. What's up their sleeve because it is getting boring, and boring isn't cool according to my thirteen year old. We shall see....

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly it. What's up their sleeve because it is getting boring, and boring isn't cool according to my thirteen year old. We shall see....

They need to pull something out of somewhere soon! Even my 3 year old wants Daddy's Note 2 to play games and doodle instead of my iPod I turned into his own little app machine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Pssh msft stopped being cool in my books 10 years ago. As for apple they were never cool, but to be true I know a lot of teens that still cling to their Idevices and would prefer to be buried with them.

Xbox and Kinect beg to differ.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Good point. I think a lot of folks forget those are MSFT products. I know I forget it all the time!

I'm very interested in what impact the Surface Pro is going to have. Perhaps it pushes Apple and Google to move their OS versions closer to a one size fits all devices approach? I thought I read somewhere recently Google wants to move in that direction. Chromebooks and Android mobile devices would all operate from the same OS at some point.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Good point. I think a lot of folks forget those are MSFT products. I know I forget it all the time!

I'm very interested in what impact the Surface Pro is going to have. Perhaps it pushes Apple and Google to move their OS versions closer to a one size fits all devices approach? I thought I read somewhere recently Google wants to move in that direction. Chromebooks and Android mobile devices would all operate from the same OS at some point.

You forgeting that MS is addicted to OEMs as same as Google and Surface is just equivlent to Nexus, so impact of that device will have same as impact of Nexus.... practicly non. What impact will have is Windows 8/RT as MS's plan to bomb tablet market from laptop market where they dominated for many years, if you look CES it was full of transformers with Windows 8 you can rarly see any Android transformer an personally i didn't see any android tablet being show offed (or i missed it or they didnt get spotlight). As having laptop and tablet as one device and it runs on architecture that is already dominated by Windows it might mess up situation on tablet market.

Chromebook and Android are already technically running on same OS (Linux :p), it just matter what software they run on top of it. To extend Chromebook they could implement Android platform (As it is Java-based platform in theory it can be implemented anywhere does not even need to be Linux,) which runs Android apps on desktop like windows that can go fullscreen (Apple's OS X style), that would be pretty good, hru not sure how this gonna beat more open envriament of Windows on desktop market. Other solution would be turn Chromebook system in too full flage Linux distro which will be more open to user and ofcorse can also do implementing Android apps too.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying the Surface could be Nintendo redux?

Sent from my SCH-I605

I was comparing apple and nintendo. Nintendo eventually took third place and stayed there. They had a small come back with the wii and ds but they were never as relevant as they once were.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was comparing apple and nintendo. Nintendo eventually took third place and stayed there. They had a small come back with the wii and ds but they were never as relevant as they once were.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Madden, Call of Duty and, Halo will do it for ya. Can't wait for the new Smash Bros and Pokemon anyway.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I kinda made myself a hippocrit considering I own both, however I absolutely refuse to pay for Xbox live, if I want to play online I would and do use my pc. Far easier, plus I can play cs.