| || |
Tried to change SD card, not recognized! What did I do?
In the past, I've upgraded the SD card on my old phone (LG Optimus C) without a hitch, basically just copying the files from the phone to my laptop, insterting the new 8G SD card, and then copying the files onto the new one. No problemo.
So, I tried to do the same thing with my new phone (HTC One V), but now it won't recognize anything, and my phone says "no service" to boot!
Here's what I did:
1. Hooked up my old phone and made a copy of everything on the SD card into a folder on my desktop that I labeled Old Phone, to back it up.
2. Went into the phone's storage drive on my laptop, erased everything from the folder to clear out the SD card.
3. Unmounted and removed the 8G sd card from my old phone.
4. Hooked up new phone to laptop, made a copy of everything on its original SD card into new folder labeled "HTC storage"
5. Removed original SD card from new phone. (I can't remember if I unmounted it!)
6. Insterted the 8G SDcard into new phone & hooked it up to my laptop.
Here's a screenshot of what I'm now seeing on my laptop:
Also,after inserting the new SD card to the HTC, I clicked on storage type "Disk drive" instead of "Charging only"
However, when I go into "Settings" > "Storage Card", it shows:
Make more space
Mount storage card
Erase storage card
In other words, the last three options are grayed out and unselectable.
And even though I have my mobile network turned on, it's showing no service.
I referred to the HTC user guide, it doesn't address the issue of replacing the SD card at all.
Help me Android Central, you're my only hope!