Creator of the Cult of Mac jumps to Android phones.

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Not gonna start an Android vs iOS war.
Not sure if this is new but I think not everyone knew about this.
No pun intended, this guy name is Guy Kawasaki. He was the evangelist of Apple and the creator of Cult of Mac. He choose to jump to Android Devices because Android is more innovative compare to iOS. Watch the video to know more.
What are your opinions on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--TTCsj6oXs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I think he hit the right note when he said he wants to be loyal to what is best, and at this time, that's Android. We are customers. We are not supposed to be loyal to a brand if that brand outlives its useful service to us. Companies make the decision they think is best for them - whether that's their books, customer base, or what have you. We should do what makes the most sense for us as customers, including for our own pocketbooks.

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I think he hit the right note when he said he wants to be loyal to what is best, and at this time, that's Android. We are customers. We are not supposed to be loyal to a brand if that brand outlives its useful service to us. Companies make the decision they think is best for them - whether that's their books, customer base, or what have you. We should do what makes the most sense for us as customers, including for our own pocketbooks.

Absolutely. Its our hard earn money and if we bought it its ours. Why does apple has to be locked up.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Why does apple has to be locked up.
That's their business model. They didn't hide that it's a closed ecosystem. In fact, they made a selling point of the "walled garden" so any customer who buys an iOS knows what they're getting into. Or should know, if they're competent to have a cell phone.

Or a credit card. :D :D

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
And THAT'S the Problem with Apple, not that it's a closed ecosystem some people don't care but that to Apple their "loyal" customers are nothing but credit cards on legs.

Every company looks at their customers that way. That's the goal of business, get people to give you money.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
To an extent yes, but not to the same level.

Remember, you are not Google's core customer. They do not speak to us the same way they speak to their customers. They have to be nice to us users as without our information their product is not as valuable to their customers.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Remember, you are not Google's core customer. They do not speak to us the same way they speak to their customers. They have to be nice to us users as without our information their product is not as valuable to their customers.

Oh yes no-one would ever use Google search engine ever again. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums