Before Apple bought Siri, Verizon had deal to bring Siri into the DROID line
Verizon thought so, too. In the fall of 2009, several months before Apple approached Siri, Verizon had signed a deal with the startup to make Siri a default app on all Android phones set to launch in the new year. When Apple swooped in to buy Siri, it insisted on making the assistant exclusive to Apple devices, and nixed the Verizon deal. In the process, it narrowly avoided seeing Siri become a selling point for smartphones powered by its biggest rival, Google. (Somewhere in the vaults of the wireless giant, there are unreleased commercials touting Siri as an Android add-on.)a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 (JDQ39, Jelly Bean 4.2.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
- By Hanoiboy888 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-06-2012, 09:59 AM
- By Brodie05 in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 10-05-2011, 11:08 PM
- By mark1107 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
- By French in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 9Last Post: 02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
- By bruceri in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 21Last Post: 10-12-2010, 11:08 AM