Google the Search Giant. But why is the very search button removed?
I am on RaZr, guess perhaps one of the last devices to have a 'Search' button.
I am planning to buy a NeXus 4. And I am going to miss the search button. And how. Just wondering what made them ditch it.
Also, on devices that don't haver it, how's does one search? I am in Whatsapp and need to find a contact...on RaZr I hit search. But.on N4?
Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.
- 01-24-2013, 01:08 AM #2
- 01-24-2013, 01:15 AM #3
- 01-24-2013, 02:28 AM #5
- 1,464 Posts
- 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM #6
Re: Google the Search Giant. But why is the very search button removed?
- 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM #7
Odp: Google the Search Giant. But why is the very search button removed?
But as long as SearchView class is only in 3.0 and higher implementing search bar on action bar it pain in back parts without kicking people inprisoned in 2.3, or else they finally throw it to support libery.
But wait... Android still supports search button ; p to make things more fun if your phone have menu button, same as holding home button emulates new recent app button, holding menu button emulates good old search button... it works on my sgs2 even on action bar apps.
- By jeffreynye in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 4Last Post: 05-21-2012, 01:12 PM
- By Brett in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 45Last Post: 05-26-2010, 09:40 PM
- By dgalanter in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 11Last Post: 05-26-2010, 06:09 PM
- By hakoreh in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 05-03-2010, 05:35 PM
- By Xian.I.Am in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 9Last Post: 04-28-2010, 04:11 AM