- 1 Posts
Question on swapping GSM sim between phones.
I'm looking to purchase a friend's galaxy note 2 when he visits me in Toronto, Canada next week and he's looking to sell his Note 2 in favor of an iPhone 5. His Note 2 is on t-Mobile and I am on Rogers Wireless, would I be able to just swap the sim from my phone into his and have it work?
I've done some research and found that T-mobile and Rogers share 2g frequency bands (GSM 850 & 1900) but not their 3G frequencies (T-mobile 1700 & 2100, Rogers 850 & 1900), so I would have slow data speeds but wouldn't unlocking the Note 2 allow access to all the frequency bands built into the Note 2 which are compatible with Rogers for full network reception? (source; Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - Full phone specifications)
Thanks for any input.
- 01-27-2013, 11:31 PM #2
Odp: Question on swapping GSM sim between phones.
Check if his note 2 identify it self as n7100, if yes then its not carrier mutant and will support everything in that spec you linked so it will work. If its n7105 as spec hints it has lte and 3g 1900 missing which means it 3g will work only in zones where 850 is in range.
- By iMischief in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 6Last Post: 12-25-2012, 10:55 PM
- By windycityrider in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:04 AM
- By allisonv7 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 9Last Post: 07-03-2010, 10:42 PM
- By ptb127 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 13Last Post: 06-18-2010, 01:03 PM
- By Bujin#IM in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2010, 10:45 AM