- 480 Posts
S3 showing its age in Epic Citadel
Well not just the benchmark side of Epic Citadel but the app in general, I found the s3 slightly lagging in performance with this app. When there is alot of textures and backgrounds to load the gpu struggles alot.
Looking at the benchmark side, the s3 is getting 40-50fps whilst seeing tegra 3 whacking 55s and above.
I have a feeling Epic Citadel uses alot of triangle textures therefore the Arms old Mali 400 is struggling to keep up with more advanced textures and graphics. When looking at Tegra 3, this obviously renders triangle textures better than the Mali and thus getting better scores.
I may be wrong but from information about tegra 3 and Mali this is what ive put together.
- 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM #2
Re: S3 showing its age in Epic Citadel
Still very respectable performance.
Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2Forum Rules & Guidelines -- CLICK HERE
I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Here's what that means. It means that from time to time I might receive products and/or services from NVIDIA to evaluate them and provide feedback to NVIDIA and you, our valuable members. What this does NOT mean is that my opinion will be biased. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my personal preference and any relevant expertise that I may/may not have on the subject matter.
- 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM #4
- By brandonc in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 42Last Post: 09-01-2010, 02:16 AM
- By justryan in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 06-25-2010, 09:51 PM
- By ikyoo in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2010, 07:02 PM
- By Dega in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
- By kilofox in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 02-18-2010, 09:10 AM