Highest Expected Smartphone?

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not your unhappy with android why bring a site meant to be used to either improve it or express our enthusiasm for it down with your always negative attitude towards it. If you dislike it that much get what will work for you and stop poisoning this place with your crap outlook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The site is meant to discuss Android and Android development. Without criticism complements wouldn't exist. That's simply the way the world works. The fact that you disagree is good. It's what spurs discussion. If that wasn't the case, every thread here would be just one post with a million Likes or Thanks followed by "I Agree!"

As for my outlook. I posted no such thing. The OP asked a question. My response simply is that I'm done buying into an ecosystem that obsoletes its hardware like clockwork ever 3 months. That's a decision, and somewhat of an opinion, not an outlook. Did I say Android would fail (an outlook)? No. Did I say they'd be overtaken by Apple in WW Market Share (an outlook)? No. I simply said I don't care to buy any of their devices that get released months later than Europe in the US, which is months closer to when they'd be obsolete, which happens too fast and forces hardware resale values to bottom out at an accelerated pace.

Updates are also an issue - not just OS upgrades but fixes for stuff like the fact that on ICS the Skyrocket cannot upload images to Picasa Web Albums. Bug has been there since the ICS update released, and never fixed. It's like SkyDrive Camera Uploads or Photo Stream breaking on those OSes. That would never go unfixed that long, but that's par for the course on Android. Poor software quality is overlooked because you can "hack it and fix it." Carriers also lock down features, like on a stock ROM you cannot Talk Voice or Video chat with anyone except on WiFi using any AT&T Android phone (you should know this). Skype doesn't have this limitation, and it simply works much better on other platforms than on Android (no BT Support (always cuts off shortly after the call starts), no true Background Support, doesn't support PUSH Notifications, etc.).

Plus, Android phones have crap resale value in this area. People are selling some iPhone 4's and most iPhone 4S' (never mind 5's) for more than Galaxy S3's these days. It's a bit ridiculous. iPhones with broken screens are fetching more cash than mint-condition GS3 devices. It's that out of whack.

That's completely independent from the App/Services Support and UX/UI issues I mentioned earlier in my thread.

I mean, the lack of proper Facebook/Twitter integration is also an issue (something most Android OEMs have been ripping out of their customizations, and it's not in Stock Andorid - I'm talking beyond "Share"), as well...

I tend think my opinions are well-reasoned.

Last edited:

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
All I've ever seen you post is negatives you have not once expressed any joy in using android so why continue.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
All I've ever seen you post is negatives you have not once expressed any joy in using android so why continue.

I don't get joy from using a phone (is this Android Central or Cult of Android?). The only thing I experience when using tech products is frustration when they don't work the way they're supposed to.

I use these things to get work done, not for entertainment.

I've used extensively all 4 major platforms on the market right now and my attitude towards all of them is the same. My posting history on those forums speaks for itself. Knock yourself out.

Some people don't mind, and some people (especially the Windows Phone folks), do. The forum moderators can ban if they feel the need to, and I never have anything negative to say about that stuff if that's what they choose to do, because I don't ever plan on putting on a fa?ade to surf the internet - sorry.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So then why even bother with these forums you're the troll if anything all your doing is venting frustration so how about pulling the stick out and go get laid or something.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So then why even bother with these forums you're the troll if anything all your doing is venting frustration so how about pulling the stick out and go get laid or something.

You call me a troll and then proceed to personally attack me? Hypocrisy, much?

I'm reporting that post because history has shown that others don't give me the same leeway I have tended to give them. I'm retired from that.

Take it to PMs if you want to discuss further. Your rhetorical questions have caused a thread derail.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You call me a troll and then proceed to personally attack me? Hypocrisy, much?

I'd say I'm sorry but your attitude makes it real hard to care again why bother if you don't enjoy it. Clearly there's nothing here for you except saying I can't make it work. OK cool buy a different phone see ya nobody cares.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm aware but they clearly aren't thinking before they jump and technically he had every right to the name as long as he didn't use their logo's they are using their corporate weight to bully us around. But if your into that kind of crap by all means.

..wait. didn't he use their logos?

just saying.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
There is no reason why this thread had to go the way it did.

If you feel personally attacked by a user, please use the Report button. Simple as that. No need to respond and further crap in a thread.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ignoring the flame war going on here, by the time 1080p smartphone screens are common (probably spring), my phone of choice will still be the Nexus 4. I just can't stand the lack of updates and non-stock Android some other phones have, even if they have a slightly better screen or processor or battery. 320 ppi is enough for me.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Wow this escalated quickly.

I've. Heard many many many great things from people having to deal with htc care and also I feel htc hardware usually feels a bit better than all others that were released around the same time.

Sent from my game boy color

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma